Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Thalice
Dogsey Senior
Female 

17-09-2013, 09:11 AM

Showing Abroad

Has anyone done any showing in Europe ?

Does the dog(s) have to be registered with FCI ?
How do I do that ?

How do I get a list of shows ?
How do the classes work ?

How does the scoring work ?

I know about pet passports and have two youngsters I would like to take - one of whom I imported from Poland.

Thanks for any help

Thalices's Mum
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-09-2013, 06:34 PM
If you look on the fossedata website and click on overseas you will be able to find some shows on there and download schedules. Probably the same for Higham Press.
Caramel
Dogsey Junior
Female 

26-09-2013, 06:40 PM
Hi

I have been showing in Germany and Austria (but don't have a clue how showing in UK works )

Dogs need to be registered with FCI because they have different groups than the Kennel Club. The Sighthounds for example have their own Group (GRP 10) together with the mediterranean breeds and are not member of the hound group as with KC.

What country do you plan to show ? You could google for "CAC" or "CACIB" (CAC = National Shows, CACIB = International Shows) + the respective country and surely come up with a calendar/schedule.
basi
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-09-2013, 08:35 PM
I have shown in Germany a bit. I didn't need to register my bitch but did my male as he was being used at stud over there.
To win the CAC/CACIB'S your dog has to win his/her class and be graded excellent.
Caramel
Dogsey Junior
Female 

26-09-2013, 09:02 PM
Hope you don't mind me hijacking this thread for my own question:

I'd love to show Mr. Weasley here in UK and I learned that I have to register him with the KennelClub before being able to do so.
Any directions as to how this registration works please?
Thank you
basi
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-09-2013, 09:13 PM
Originally Posted by Caramel View Post
Hope you don't mind me hijacking this thread for my own question:

I'd love to show Mr. Weasley here in UK and I learned that I have to register him with the KennelClub before being able to do so.
Any directions as to how this registration works please?
Thank you
You will need to get an export pedigree from his country of birth. In my case when I moved back to the UK it was from the German Basenji breed club as the FCI don't provide the pedigrees in Germany, though not sure of countries. If you go onto the UK KC website you can download the form for registration of an import then send off your pedigree with the form. Ohh one other thing you need to make sure that it has your UK address and you named as the owner on the export pedigree. Hope this helps.
rottalmarotts
Dogsey Junior
Female 

05-02-2014, 08:35 PM
I was showing in Belgium last month for the first time and it was so easy. Just enter your dog via an online site for example doglle. They will ask for dogs details and I scanned in Wills reg docs and Champ confirmation the rest of it is just like Fosse. You need your pet passport at the show and your exhibitors card that came via e-mail. You collect your number from your ring prior to judging commencing. Then just enjoy your day like a UK show, If you are out the country more than 24 hours you can get the vet at the show to complete the worming for your return but if you are mad like me and return within 24 hours I had him wormed the teatime before I went with my own vet. Came back via the chunnel check the dogs in the pet centre which was a wave of a scanner and a read of the passport and they issue a sticker for the car window and back on the train for the UK. It is so easy going to France in March