Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
pitboy
Dogsey Junior
Male 

01-08-2013, 01:46 AM

Never been to a dog show!

I know I missed a lot but I have never been or know what to expect at a dog show but I here their are many types of dog shows ..... Can somebody that has been to one let me know how it is beacouse I been thinking about going to one soon! Sound really entertaining
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-08-2013, 06:41 AM
We only ever go to pet dog shows and enter the fun completions..prettiest bitch, most handsome dog, best puppy, fun scurry (mini light hearted agility). Hopefully you'll meet lots of people who love dogs and just want a nice day out. You will also meet wannabe 'show' people who take things far too seriously!! I've judged on quite a few and most people love it but some people get very competitive and complain about judges favouring a certain type of dog or offended because their dog didn't get placed!
Fivedogpam
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-08-2013, 06:45 AM
Do you mean a breed show? I only do agility shows so can't help, sorry. Hope you enjoy it though!
cava14una
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-08-2013, 07:39 AM
I think bred showing in USA is pretty different from UK. Best thing would be to Google AKC
pitboy
Dogsey Junior
Male 

01-08-2013, 09:32 PM
Originally Posted by catrinsparkles View Post
We only ever go to pet dog shows and enter the fun completions..prettiest bitch, most handsome dog, best puppy, fun scurry (mini light hearted agility). Hopefully you'll meet lots of people who love dogs and just want a nice day out. You will also meet wannabe 'show' people who take things far too seriously!! I've judged on quite a few and most people love it but some people get very competitive and complain about judges favouring a certain type of dog or offended because their dog didn't get placed!
That sound very interesting imma have to enter in one soon