Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-05-2013, 06:01 PM
Bless ya, I don't know what i'd do if put in the same situation
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-05-2013, 06:04 PM
Shame, I find that amazing that dog walkers would be scared of dogs if they are only boisterous. Having said that, I chose our dog walker because she had an Akita and a GSD so she was used to big strong dogs and used to other people's negative reactions to them.
laura1486
New Member!
Female 

26-05-2013, 06:05 PM
Originally Posted by zoeyvonne View Post
Bless ya, I don't know what i'd do if put in the same situation
I would never have thought I would be in this situation. These guys are my world and I have been through hell to keep them only to be put in this sulituation. But over the last few months I have noticed a considerable decline in their happiness and bounce which is just has heart breaking because I know it is my fault.
laura1486
New Member!
Female 

26-05-2013, 06:08 PM
Originally Posted by catrinsparkles View Post
Shame, I find that amazing that dog walkers would be scared of dogs if they are only boisterous. Having said that, I chose our dog walker because she had an Akita and a GSD so she was used to big strong dogs and used to other people's negative reactions to them.
Our dog walkers are used to regal dogs and are very much stuck up towards what the media portrays as a dangerous and chavvy dog. This is not what I would call a dog walker more of a fashion victim.
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-05-2013, 02:29 PM
Hi, I'm sorry you have to re-home your babies. I cannot help at all as I'm American, but I will say that I wish you the best and I hope the dogs find a good home.

If they are treated anything like the pit bulls here, I'd be cautious of placing them into someone randoms hands. If someone here will take them, you're most likely finding them good homes.

Good, luck and I'm sorry I can't help!
laura1486
New Member!
Female 

30-05-2013, 02:42 PM
Originally Posted by mjfromga View Post
Hi, I'm sorry you have to re-home your babies. I cannot help at all as I'm American, but I will say that I wish you the best and I hope the dogs find a good home.

If they are treated anything like the pit bulls here, I'd be cautious of placing them into someone randoms hands. If someone here will take them, you're most likely finding them good homes.

Good, luck and I'm sorry I can't help!
Thank you ever so much...

One of my main worries is that some people are disgustingly cruel which lowers my trust in people. But these guys deserve better than what i can give them right now too.
I have my fingers and toes crossed that there might just be someone out there that will cherish them as much as i do.

I have been in touch and visited rescue centres but I am adverse to leaving them there without their comforts and snuggles.
Missy is a softie and Jaxx is just like a cuddly seal pup.
Baxter8
Dogsey Senior
Female 

30-05-2013, 03:31 PM
Hi Laura
I'm so sorry to hear of your plight. It must be absolutely heartbreaking.

I don't wish to add to your distress but rehoming SBTs is extremely difficult, given that rescue centres seem to be full of them.

I too wanted to say that you need to be extremely careful who responds to any advertisement on the internet (I know you're not silly and I don't want to appear patronising), but there are dog-fighting rings in this country and they're always on the lookout for the "goading" dogs.

Is there any way you can adjust your circumstances to keep them?

Sandy

Originally Posted by laura1486 View Post
Due to unforeseen circumstances I am forced to find loving homes for my best friends. I am absolutely mortified but due to lack of time, a new job and a relocation as well as the local children being horrible to them over the fence. I feel that it would be the best thing for them if they have a home that can give them the love and attention I wish I were still able to give them.

Missy aka Pickle: D.O.B 07/12/2009

Missy is a stunning white female Staffordshire Bull Terrier with a black patch over her eye, she is almost like a little piglet, has been spayed, Jabbed and Micro-chipped. Missy has no health issues other than the anxiety of new dogs.

I feel I am abandoning Missy but I really am letting her down by keeping her, given my situation. Missy can be a very dominant player and can play rough at times, she settles quickly when reminded this is wrong and not acceptable play. Missy has trust issues due to being beaten and bruised by both people/dogs whilst out walking, this has left it’s mark and has made her an anxious dog when around unknown dogs, however I do feel that with persistence and training Missy will over come this anxiety.

At the moment Missy spends the day in the garden with Jaxx whilst I am out at work and spends the evenings in the house, but if she had her way she would spend the all day in bed.

The type of home that would suit Missy would be an adult only household, where she is an only animal. She would benefit from someone who works from home or is at home a lot. She would need someone who can devote time to her.

Missy loves tennis balls, being warm, cosy and watching wildlife programmes as well as her own space. Missy also loves going camping and long country walks.

Jaxx aka Buddy D.O.B 21/08/2011

Jaxx is a Blue/Brindle male Staffordshire Bull Terrier, has been neutered, Jabbed and Micro-chipped. He is my shadow, wherever I go he follows. He craves human companionship and is very loving and giddy when given the opportunity. The thought of giving him up breaks my heart but I am neglecting him with working so much, so to do the best thing for him would be to find him a loving home where he can be someone else’s shadow and best friend.
Jaxx is very loyal and has excellent recall. He is very much a peoples dog, all he wants to do is please and give sloppy kisses to everyone, he can be very fussy and has no sense of his size, where is tail is and definitely no spatial awareness. One thing I would mention would be that due to Missy being very anxious around other dogs, a little of this un-trust has rubbed off on to him. Saying this he is very respondent to ‘NO’ and ‘Leave’ so with constant encounters with dogs and training he will be accepting of strange dogs. On the other hand Jaxx is welcoming of other dogs when he is in the home.

They type of home that would suit Jaxx would be a home that has older children and an action packed lifestyle. Where he is the only dog. Also no cats, he hasn’t grown up around cats but I can imagine the dog/cat love affair doesn’t run smooth. Jaxx would benefit from someone who is willing to take him on long walks and see the sights, he would also benefit being around someone who is confident and loving.

Jaxx loves people, big hugs/snuggles, rawhides, going camping and tug-ropes.

Both Missy and Jaxx are house trained and will go to the door when asked if they need the ‘toilet’. They are very keen on being taught new tricks and pick up commands quickly. They both know the commands of ‘sit’, ‘wait’, ‘lay down’, ‘leave’, ‘come’ and ‘no’. They are very obedient and love human companionship. They are also trained using hand signals which follow the basic commands (sit, stay, come)

I have tried to be very honest about the personalities of both Missy and Jaxx. They are not dangerous dogs otherwise i would not feel like they could be re-homed. If you are interested in either of them, I am more than happy to answer questions and I will send pictures on request. I am not interested in making a profit from this but will be asking for a re-homing fee so that I have piece of mind they are going to a loving home.

Or if you have any suggestions I am all ears.

Thank You.
Laura
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-05-2013, 03:53 PM
My heart goes out for you - SBT as has been said are numerous is rehoming centres/rescues in fact everywhere. Finding a home of any sort is difficult but finding a good home is beyond that, try contacting your local SBT rescue although they are full too breaking point they may be able to put them on a direct home basis on there site so they live with you until a place is found. But I think it is a case of checking and checking again. Maybe speak to your vet.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-05-2013, 03:56 PM
Maybe find a home for Jax and then you could keep Missy inside the house and therefore no teasing. Have you spoken to their breeders and seen if they can assist in finding a home. Jaxx especially is only a pup so his breeder should be on hand.
laura1486
New Member!
Female 

30-05-2013, 04:43 PM
Originally Posted by Kazz View Post
Maybe find a home for Jax and then you could keep Missy inside the house and therefore no teasing. Have you spoken to their breeders and seen if they can assist in finding a home. Jaxx especially is only a pup so his breeder should be on hand.

I have been in touch with both of their breeders and they are unable to help me. I am happy to split them up but its just finding that one person who is willing to take on the wiggly, bundle of sloppy love (Jaxx) or even the
I am more than happy to travel to make sure that he/her has a loving home as this is my main priority.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2