View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Rossoneri
New Member!
Male 

09-04-2013, 04:20 PM

Hi. Can you help me reunite with my dogs?

Hello. I'm sorry I couldn't post a new thread in the relevant section as I'm new.

I understand this must be too much to ask but I have no other choice so please read this.

I'm living in Iran. The situation of pets and pet owners is horrible here. There are new laws in the country which prevents people from keeping dogs as pets. If you are seen with pet dogs, the animal will be confiscated on sight and you don't know what will happen to them. The owner will be punished, too. There are lots of articles confirming this you can search.

I'm immigrating to Australia with my family soon. My brother's already living there for a year. I have two young female dogs and I want to take my dogs with me but Australian government won't allow this under some AQIS law. You can't bring an animal from Iran to Australia directly under any circumstances as you can see here.

I searched my options. Leaving my dogs behind is out of the question for me. People are not educated enough to treat dogs well in here. Hell I'm not educated enough myself but still I'm probably as best as it gets in this country. So leaving them behind is out of the question. There are many countries that meet Australia's import conditions meaning an animal can be imported from that country directly. Now there are animal care centers in most of that countries, like Bahrain which is near Iran too. The dog must stay quarantined in that country for at least 6 month before you can then arrange their import to Australia. I communicated with one of these centers. The cost will be around 4000$ for each dog at least! I don't have that kind of money. I suppose Iran has one of the worst economy situations in the world right now also because of all the sanctions if you are familiar with politics. I'm way out of my budget here.

I'm looking for someone in any country to keep my dogs (or one of them) for me for sometime so I can arrange for them to come to Australia when I get there. Many countries accept pets from Iran directly. And Australia pretty much accepts every other country but Iran so it doesn't really matter where you are we can work something out. I think some countries like Canada have easier policies and require no quarantine so they are the best. I will arrange everything from the vaccinations needed, the paper work, the transfer by plane, micro-chipping the dog and I will cover all the costs, everything to ship my dog to you. You just have to pick her up from the airport and keep her for at least the 6 month that is required to be in that country before coming to Australia. I will be able to arrange for the import to Australia between that 6 month to a year at the very most. Remember my brother is already there, he's settled and he can take them in that time span.

I'm even open to giving them up for adoption if it comes to that. I understand if you don't want to keep a dog, feed it and all for a short time and then just give it up. So if I can't find anybody to keep them for me I'm open to adoption because I just can't leave them here. I will still pay for everything and arrange everything here, you just have to pick them up and take good care of them.

My dogs are very social because they grew up in a family of dogs. They are not by any means hostile toward other dogs. Never! They won't bark when they're home. Rarely I have seen them bark to something. They're really good dogs. Oh and they absolutely don't bite. They are some kind of Shih Tzu - Terrier mix.

This is Jingil :

She is one year old. She is vaccinated. Has her birth certificate. Is about 13 lbs. She's accustomed to pee outside the house if you take her out on time. Now she is my top priority. She had a hind leg surgery recently because of a small fracture and in that time when she was not well I bonded so much with her. Not to mention spending 400$ which was huge for me. She's special as she can stand on her hind legs for very long

This is Fingil :

She's also one year old. Vaccinated. Has her birth certificate. About 11 lbs. She's also accustomed to pee outside but has weaker bladder compared to her sister so needs to pee more. She's very cute and lovely. She's a jumper

They are not spayed yet but I'll have them spayed before sending them. I will answer any questions that you have we can even talk through Skype and I can show you the dogs. You can also talk with my brother in Australia if you want.

I think it's not that different from rescuing a shelter dog as they may have a miserable life if left here. Please, help me and my dogs if you can. I don't know what else to do.

Thank you.
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-04-2013, 05:52 PM
Aww they look very sweet. I'm sorry I can't help but I hope someone on here can.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-04-2013, 06:01 PM
As you say,

Many countries accept pets from Iran directly. And Australia pretty much accepts every other country but Iran so it doesn't really matter where you are we can work something out. I think some countries like Canada have easier policies and require no quarantine so they are the best.
UK laws re import/export of dogs are just about the strictest of anywhere. You would be better off appealing in other 'EU countries' or elsewhere further afield than here.
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-04-2013, 06:39 PM
Originally Posted by Tangutica View Post
As you say,

UK laws re import/export of dogs are just about the strictest of anywhere. You would be better off appealing in other 'EU countries' or elsewhere further afield than here.
What about pet passports? My brother brought a stray dog over from Spain in November and it was really easy! He travelled by land over a week and avoided quarantine.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-04-2013, 06:42 PM
Originally Posted by catrinsparkles View Post
What about pet passports? My brother brought a stray dog over from Spain in November and it was really easy! He travelled by land over a week and avoided quarantine.
Pet Passports are for travel within the EU. Iran is not an EU country. AUS is not an EU country. What your brother saved was airfare. He still had to comply with the DEFRA rules and regs for bringing a pet into the UK from another EU country (Spain).

OP wants to get his dog into AUS from Iran. AUS does not allow ANY dogs into AUS from Iran. They do allow them from other countries. All I am saying is that there are other countries (even EU countries) whose animal export laws are not as draconian as the UK ones are.

And whose IMPORT laws are easier too. OP would have to comply with UK import of dogs laws for dogs being imported from a NON EU country into the UK before they were able to be exported from the UK to AUS.

The UK IMPORT laws are stricter than the EXPORT laws.

It's all there for anyone to find out on the DEFRA website.
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-04-2013, 06:53 PM
Ahhhh I see!
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-04-2013, 07:03 PM
No probs catrinsparkles - I've personal experience of export and import of my own dogs into and out of the UK and had also to explore taking them to non EU countries (Turkey and almost unbelievably - northern Cyprus - half hour away and totally different rules coz it ain't in the UK like the Southern bit is!) That proved to be so complicated I didn't bother in the end.

But lots of people make the mistake of thinking a pet passport is like a human passport. It is an EU pet passport. Not a worldwide passport.
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-04-2013, 07:23 PM
The Pet Travel scheme has nothing to do with the EU otherwise dogs could not come in under this scheme fro the USA/Australia etc

The Pet Travel Scheme has 3 groups of countries & unfortunately Iraq is one of the unlisted countries which isn't covered by the scheme It may be worth contacting Nowzad They have been involved in Iraq in the past
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-04-2013, 07:45 PM
Originally Posted by JoedeeUK View Post
The Pet Travel scheme has nothing to do with the EU otherwise dogs could not come in under this scheme fro the USA/Australia etc

The Pet Travel Scheme has 3 groups of countries & unfortunately Iraq is one of the unlisted countries which isn't covered by the scheme It may be worth contacting Nowzad They have been involved in Iraq in the past
I am speaking about the EU Pet PASSPORT specifically in response to someone who mentioned the Passport, not the Pet TRAVEL SCHEME.

As I said DEFRA website will contain all info for all countries in the world.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

09-04-2013, 08:02 PM
Originally Posted by JoedeeUK View Post

The OP is in Iran, not Iraq.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >