Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Gemini54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-06-2013, 11:02 PM
Originally Posted by JebbyCarl View Post
Hello there,

So the labor costs is around 400+ euros to 600+ euros.. Is it not too much for a labor? Just to replace a certain thing in a house..

Do they only required about the electrical side? How about the drainage? Is it still functions well?

Do you have some picture of that house by the way?

Jebby
If you do some of the work yourself,you can then call an electrician to test it and connect it up Gemini54
EmmiS
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-06-2013, 03:38 PM
^^ i swear doing electrical work yourself with no qualifications has been illegal for about 5/6 years?
Jackalyn
Dogsey Senior
Female 

27-06-2013, 07:23 PM
Helena! I was so shocked at the mess he had left when he said he had finished. It took me days to clean up after him. Luckily I have been staying at my daughters while the works been done and all my stuff is in storage.

Carpets were put down yesterday and when the carpet fitters had gone I had to sweep all the fluff up. it's just never ending cleaning. Anyway now ihave got it all clean it looks really nice and I am happy with it. And the second new sink is very nice too .
Gemini54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-06-2013, 07:17 AM
Originally Posted by EmmiS View Post
^^ i swear doing electrical work yourself with no qualifications has been illegal for about 5/6 years?
Hi I was talking about doing all the pre work,and then getting the electrician to connect and check,on a lot of these DIY programmes to save money if you its got a special term but cant think of it do this work it will save you at least a thousand or more.will come backwith the term used.Gemini54
Gemini54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-06-2013, 07:40 AM
Originally Posted by Gemini54 View Post
Hi I was talking about doing all the pre work,and then getting the electrician to connect and check,on a lot of these DIY programmes to save money if you its got a special term but cant think of it do this work it will save you at least a thousand or more.will come backwith the term used.Gemini54
Hi It is called first fix,then the electricians come in and do the 2nd fix,but try and find a electrician who will be happy to do a 2nd fix,as the first fix is the time consuming and hard graft bit,cables boxes etc.If you have a B&Q they try to employ older people with building experience,and I have got a lot of help from these guys Gemini54
Apache
Dogsey Senior
Male 

28-06-2013, 09:54 AM
My understanding is this. Of course you can do whatever you like to your house, but it won't necessarily be safe and probably wont conform to current building regs for electrical safety.

I also don't think that an electrician would be happy to sign off and issue a certificate on anything except his own work. (I know i wouldn't). But I could be wrong !

And there is the rub, you don't need a certificate until you come to sell your property, at that point you will get a red flag from the surveyor unless you can provide a certificate to say the work was done by a competent electrician.
Page 5 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5