View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

14-02-2013, 01:55 PM
I like Chrome and find it a lot faster than IE. I don't have a lot of add on bits though only my dictionary so I guess that helps.

I find it clean, straight forward , easy to use and that suites me fine. The automatic form filling in function is good too
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-02-2013, 04:18 PM
Most browsers have an auto form fill function if you go in and tweak the settings. I don't use anything that stores stuff like that.
Meg
Supervisor

14-02-2013, 05:59 PM
Originally Posted by Tangutica View Post
Most browsers have an auto form fill function if you go in and tweak the settings. I don't use anything that stores stuff like that.
I didn't see one on IE but than I haven't used it for a couple of years because it was soooo slow and kept causing my PC to freeze
I resisted changing to Chrome but then wished I had done so earlier.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran

14-02-2013, 06:23 PM
Each to his/her own according to his/her requirements, and I use Firefox because it fulfills all my requirements whereas Chrome does not.

I need various Add-ons that Firefox has which Chrome does not. It is not a matter of I like them or I want them, it is a matter that I need them.

But these are specific to my needs/requirements. For others most of them are probably not necessary.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-02-2013, 06:28 PM
I don't use many add ons - only ad blocker type ones. I would be interested to know which ones FF offer that Chrome doesn't though. As a FF user for more than 5 yrs.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran

14-02-2013, 06:39 PM
Originally Posted by Tangutica View Post
I don't use many add ons - only ad blocker type ones. I would be interested to know which ones FF offer that Chrome doesn't though. As a FF user for more than 5 yrs.
ReminderFox
X-Notifier
Textarea Cache
WOT
DoNotTrackMe
Greasemonkey
Stylish
Restart Firefox
Check for Updates in Help Menu

Sorry - those are the only ones I have on my new computer at the moment, there are others - which I have not yet sorted but which will be added when Effie clones everything on this computer, changes to the new super hard drive, configures Cobian Backup and sets it, transfers the cloned stuff, transfers everything from my external hard drives [do not forget that I have been without a back-up since 6 January]...

...if Chrome could do all the above, and the others which at the moment I do not have, I still would not give up Firefox for Chrome.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-02-2013, 06:50 PM
OK was just interested. Have to say the transition from FF to Chrome was the smoothest one I've ever made when switching from one to the other. And I guess I must like Chrome as I haven't once switched back to FF in frustration or anything.

I didn't like the way things used to seem to go iffy with FF everytime they updated it.

So yes - I'm converted!
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-02-2013, 07:38 PM
Thank you so much everyone for your input on this, but I am not sure that I am any the wiser

I think that from what everyone has said, I will stick with Firefox for the time being........after all, what aint broke don't need fixing, and I have never had any trouble with it. (I did with IE though).

I am not a techy person and do not need lots of gadgets and twiddly bits, but was seduced by the fact that Chrome will save all your bits and pieces and passwords for use on another computer. I think I will stick with sending myself all that information in an email in case of computer meltdown.

Thank you again
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-02-2013, 09:51 AM
I use mainly Chrome, love it, so much easier and faster than IE and Firefox, love the fact you can change the background colour to work with your eyes, I have cataracts both eyes and can change it to work where I can see
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2