Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

05-02-2013, 11:42 AM
Originally Posted by moetmum View Post
I have just bought a Kindle Fire HD, so far I am happy with it, easy to set up, all of my books that are on my other Kindle are also on the KF.
Can you write notes in the margins, highlight important text, correct spelling and grammer mistakes and does it work where there is no mobile signal 'cos that is where I seem to spend most of my time these days

I'm pleased you are happy with it and as with most things these days it's the accessories where they really make their money so nothing new there then.
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-02-2013, 04:49 PM
I don't know about writing in the margins but you can highlight text. If you hover over a word it brings up the meaning of the word which is useful. It also knows if you are reading a book on another Kindle and asks if you want to go to the last page you were reading.

I wish you could correct the grammar and spelling, I mostly download free books and they sometimes do contain errors. Having said that I have read a few gripping free books recently so can't complain and it does get budding authors published.

I know they say they sell them at cost and hope to make money out of your purchases but they have hiked up the price of the fast charger to £17.99, it was £12.99 not long ago.
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-02-2013, 04:53 PM
Originally Posted by Labrador Lover View Post
Can you tell me how you connect to Wifi is it via your computer and a USB socket? or do you have a hub, which is something I do not have.
Mine connects wirelessly from the router, I didn't have any problems connecting mine.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2