Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-11-2012, 10:12 PM

BT yahoo emails....

oh grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. My husband has a bt account, and whenever he deletes an email from his inbox, it totally disappears - in other words, it doesn't go into the trash box. It used to at one time, then suddenly all that was in there went, and now nothing shows up in there at all. He deleted several emails the other day, and the trash box is still empty.

He is even less techy minded than I am, hence my attempts to sort this out for him. I tried the online "help" chat with Yahoo, but this was useless; they just told me to ring BT and gave me a number which turned out to be for phone line problems. I will persevere and try to get to the bottom of this, but does anyone have any experience or suggestions please

Like most of us, he sometimes deletes something from the inbox by mistake, and this is a nightmare
Azz
Administrator
Male 

13-11-2012, 10:17 PM
Do you check it by going to a web page or is it set up on your personal computer on a program such as Microsoft email?

If the latter you could send yourself an email with something like "57373333" inside it, delete it, then search for that number... as that could give you a clue then where deleted emails are being put
Phil
Fondly Remembered
Male 

13-11-2012, 10:59 PM
I just went to my BT Yahoo mail page and deleted something from the inbox and it went into the trash folder.

I then had to delete it from the trash folder if I wanted to delete it fully.

I take it that is how you want it working ?

Having just changed to BT as my my ISP I've only just started using this however I expected to see something in the options which allows how deleted mail is 'treated' however I can't find anything obvious.

I've shut it down now but as an afterthought.....

Do emails deleted from your inbox not go to the trash folder at all ? or do they go to the trash folder and are then lost because the trash folder is set to clear itself when the mail program is closed down ?
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-11-2012, 11:42 PM
Originally Posted by Azz View Post
Do you check it by going to a web page or is it set up on your personal computer on a program such as Microsoft email?

If the latter you could send yourself an email with something like "57373333" inside it, delete it, then search for that number... as that could give you a clue then where deleted emails are being put
It is on tinternet page, rather than Microsoft. It was all so simple, then suddenly everything went pear shaped Poor husband is nonplussed.

Originally Posted by Phil View Post
I just went to my BT Yahoo mail page and deleted something from the inbox and it went into the trash folder.

I then had to delete it from the trash folder if I wanted to delete it fully.

I take it that is how you want it working ?

Having just changed to BT as my my ISP I've only just started using this however I expected to see something in the options which allows how deleted mail is 'treated' however I can't find anything obvious.

I've shut it down now but as an afterthought.....

Do emails deleted from your inbox not go to the trash folder at all ? or do they go to the trash folder and are then lost because the trash folder is set to clear itself when the mail program is closed down ?
Yes, that is exactly how it should be working, and it was doing that but now isnt.!

As for your last paragraph, we will have to check that with something unimportant.........normally I don't expect that he checks to see if it has gone into the trash folder before shutting down.

thank you both for your replies.