Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
EmmiS
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-09-2012, 09:50 AM

Phones

Just in time, Im eligible for an upgrade.

I currently have a Blackberry, which i do really like. So do i get another BB?

I have long lusted after an iPhone, but I'm not sure if iphone+horses+being quite clumsy is going to end well
zoeyvonne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-09-2012, 10:04 AM
They sell nice cases for the iphone so dropping should be less of a problem, but would you miss the bbm or don't you use that feature?
EmmiS
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-09-2012, 10:06 AM
Originally Posted by zoeyvonne View Post
They sell nice cases for the iphone so dropping should be less of a problem, but would you miss the bbm or don't you use that feature?
I don't use bbm.

How good are the cases? My mum has never broken hers, but she is a bit less useless than me
zoeyvonne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-09-2012, 10:18 AM
Well the one I got off ebay is a flap open leather case that the phone clips in to with a false back that protects the edges of the phone, I must admit to being utterly useless with phones, the pups chewed my last one But I love my iphone, my teens have blackberrys but I prefer mine Also I have dropped it 3 times onto concrete in its case and only the false back got cracked as it took the brunt of the fall x
EmmiS
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-09-2012, 10:27 AM
Originally Posted by zoeyvonne View Post
Well the one I got off ebay is a flap open leather case that the phone clips in to with a false back that protects the edges of the phone, I must admit to being utterly useless with phones, the pups chewed my last one But I love my iphone, my teens have blackberrys but I prefer mine Also I have dropped it 3 times onto concrete in its case and only the false back got cracked as it took the brunt of the fall x
ohh that sounds more promising! I will have to go into O2 and talk to someone!
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

13-09-2012, 11:02 AM
I phone 5 is out on the 21st ...wait see what deals that will happen on the 4 and 4 s ...
Helen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-09-2012, 11:21 AM
I have a Blackberry bold 9900 and love it! My first bb and not sure I will change. I don't use bbm either.

I also have a playbook £129 for 64gb in pc world at the moment which is a great offer.

Helen
EmmiS
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-09-2012, 12:26 PM
Originally Posted by Murf View Post
I phone 5 is out on the 21st ...wait see what deals that will happen on the 4 and 4 s ...
That would be my plan haha.
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-09-2012, 12:32 PM
Originally Posted by EmmiS View Post
I don't use bbm.

How good are the cases? My mum has never broken hers, but she is a bit less useless than me
I was just talking to someone yesterday (who was explaining why he hadn't read the emails I sent him) who had dropped their iphone in their hotel room - it managed to land on the metal strip between the bathroom and bedroom and the screen has shattered so he can't read anything at all.

And that was with a case on it (though i didn't ask him what sort).

But I guess that might've happened to a blackberry as well?
Jen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-09-2012, 12:39 PM
I have an iPhone 4S and I keep it in a life proof case. It's drop proof and water proof which is handy when you regularly drop it in water troughs or puddles! I keep mine in the side pocket of my work trousers and it will fall out of my pocket when I get out of the car, not helped by the car being a land rover so it has a long way to fall. I am trying to get in the habit of taking it out of my pocket but I still sometimes forget.

Anyway the case isn't cheap but it's kept my phone safe in all situations so far
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >