View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

10-08-2012, 09:39 AM

Sky – 11 year old female Alaskan Malamute(oap)

Sky. Very graceful and beautiful 11 year old Alaskan Malamute. Owners had her since puppy but due to changes in financial circumstances and also showing a slight grumpiness towards a fairly recent human addition to the family (all other children much older) she needs to find a new place for her twilight years. We were initially told Sky was younger than 11 and it only became apparent when we checked her documents after she arrived in rescue that she was a golden oldie. It soon became clear that her arranged new home would not be suitable due to the amount of stairs including some down into the garden where Sky likes to be spend alot of her time. Sky needs to be somewhere on her own where she can enjoy a plodding lifestyle. She is no trouble.

youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-08-2012, 09:47 AM
awwww poor OAP she must wonder whats going on I can understand her being grumpy with age bless her, I am at times.

She is adorable, I really hope someone will have her x
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

10-08-2012, 09:52 AM
I forgot to say ..
@ Hornchurch Animal Rescue Essex |
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

10-08-2012, 11:13 AM
How absolutely dreadful that they couldn't let her stay with them for her final years
Greyhawk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-08-2012, 11:17 AM
Both her breeder and the club are aware and are working to get her back/get her a new home

It's so sad that she has been given up at that age
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

10-08-2012, 11:22 AM
An the rescue where mislead about her age by all accounts ...
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-08-2012, 11:35 AM
Originally Posted by Murf View Post
Sky. Very graceful and beautiful 11 year old Alaskan Malamute. Owners had her since puppy but due to changes in financial circumstances and also showing a slight grumpiness towards a fairly recent human addition to the family (all other children much older) she needs to find a new place for her twilight years. We were initially told Sky was younger than 11 and it only became apparent when we checked her documents after she arrived in rescue that she was a golden oldie. It soon became clear that her arranged new home would not be suitable due to the amount of stairs including some down into the garden where Sky likes to be spend alot of her time. Sky needs to be somewhere on her own where she can enjoy a plodding lifestyle. She is no trouble.

OMG!! This makes me SO angry!! I am sympathetic with their financial troubles, but I am in a similar position myself and I would work even longer hours than I do already if I had to, to keep my 2 boys - and we have only had Ben 2 years, and Tai 4. A new addition to the family IMO is NOT a good enough reason to rehome a faithful old friend like Skye.

My boys would SO love her, she is absolutely gorgeous, but we have no more room at the inn unfortunately. If we didn't have Ben, it would be a definite possibility because Tai is now 10 and although hares round like a lunatic still, and can still catch rabbits, he would appreciate the calming influence of such a mature lady!! she looks absolutely fantastic, I am gutted that I cannot help
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-08-2012, 11:35 AM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
How absolutely dreadful that they couldn't let her stay with them for her final years

Great mind think alike TW - just read your post!! Isn't it disgraceful
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

10-08-2012, 12:55 PM
Nikki, I think Tai is coming up 9 this November, he was 2 when I fostered him, and Tawney was still alive, she died a few weeks later, and that was 7 years ago.
Absolutely disgraceful they wouldn't keep her, my girls eat hardly anything now they are full grown, Mabs is a different story as she is still growing, but the girls cost pennies nowadays and could afford to lose weight if anything.
So so so sad, no room at my inn either, and I know my older girls would pick on her, they gave poor Zillar no peace when I took her back, there was some sort of altercation every day, and I have kept Mabs back now anyway, 3 is more than enough to walk!!!
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-08-2012, 12:56 PM
Originally Posted by Murf View Post
An the rescue where mislead about her age by all accounts ...
Won't be the first time!

Rescues also mislead people about ages!

Hope she finds somewhere fast. Rotten people.

rune
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >