Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

25-07-2012, 12:55 PM

Tia is a 2 year old Red Setter

25-07-12 Tia is a 2 year old Red Setter saved from the pound. She is a beautiful dog, very underweight at the moment but sweet and affectionate, keen to learn. She spent a short time in a temporary foster home before getting to us and she was apparently clean in the house. She is a little timid so will need time and patience to help her build her confidence but she does love people.

THIS DOG IS AT MANY TEARS ANIMAL RESCUE IN CARMARTHENSHIRE
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-07-2012, 04:28 PM
Amazes me every time what breed of dogs end up in rescue. I mean I would not think a red setter is a sort of rush out and buy breed.
spockky boy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-07-2012, 06:13 PM
Very beautiful girl. I hope she finds her forever home soon.
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

26-07-2012, 11:54 AM
Marked as RESERVED...
mrphilip
Dogsey Junior
Male 

29-07-2012, 08:51 PM
Originally Posted by Kazz View Post
Amazes me every time what breed of dogs end up in rescue. I mean I would not think a red setter is a sort of rush out and buy breed.
Our first dog was a 9 month old Irish Setter. We were the 5th people to have him in that time.

Setter puppies - like many other breeds look lovely - it's what they are like when they grow up that counts.

Paddy's crime was knocking over a child in the home. His exerecise then was running from one end of clothes line to another. I once paced him at 35 mph in the car!!

The challenge is to get people to look at what the adults grow into - before buying the pup!!

Any suggestions?
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-07-2012, 11:18 PM
Originally Posted by mrphilip View Post
Our first dog was a 9 month old Irish Setter. We were the 5th people to have him in that time.

Setter puppies - like many other breeds look lovely - it's what they are like when they grow up that counts.

Paddy's crime was knocking over a child in the home. His exerecise then was running from one end of clothes line to another. I once paced him at 35 mph in the car!!

The challenge is to get people to look at what the adults grow into - before buying the pup!!

Any suggestions?
No I think common sense is a rare virtue in people loking for a dog. It appears to be an impulse buy....rather than a suitable lifestyle buy. As a Staffordshire Bull Terrier owner I have to say we face the same issues. Good owners and breeders worry but the "easy access; easy come and go buyers" care not a jot.