View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Dinahsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-08-2005, 06:24 PM
Yes - Tomato juice from a carton/bottle. Traeding whole tomatoes in (like grape pressing might work, but I haven't heard that advice!!!

Guess you'd have to hire a cleaner to get the juice out of carpets. J used it on a wood floor.
Dinahsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-08-2005, 06:30 PM
Don't know if I can get this link to work - if I do it will be a first, if not just do a search for posts by Bellaluna with the keyword tomato!

http://www.dogweb.co.uk/talkdogs/how...ghlight=tomato
Ashlady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-08-2005, 08:36 PM
Originally Posted by Dinahsmum
OK - here I am with my 'off the wall' solution.

I've never had to use this but have heard about it from vets and I recommeneded it to Jeanette (Bellaluna) recently for her balcony floor, and she said it works.

So....................what is the secret? Tomato juice!
Scrub the juice into the floor, then wipe/scrub up the juice and the small comes with it.

Good luck - not nice to have a baby in a p***y room
D'ya know Hilary, that sounds like an excellent idea and one that I should beat myself over the head for, I use exactly that on the dogs to rid the whiffs if they've rolled in something. I posted about it only the other day - If I had a brain I would be dangerous!

MANY THANKS
Ashlady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-08-2005, 08:43 PM
Thanks Jenny, never thought of sanding the boards, nice one
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-08-2005, 11:52 PM
Originally Posted by maplecottage
Hi Ashlady, I've heard that biological powder does a fab job as well. Good luck with it, we're going to have a similar problem as our floor boards aren't sealed between the joints...don't fancy the smell that it will bring either.

Think Azz is totally right, the bacteria still exists so it needs to be killed off, and care with using the water because of rot and silverfish...they love a moist area to breed in and that won't be pretty.

Oh Maplecottage you will know about it when your German Shepherd has a wee, it is like a flood I remember when Sabre was 12 weeks old (when we first got him) and he had a few wees in the kitchen and I couldn't believe how much he could do One good thing about them though is that they soon learn and are very easy to housetrain (unlike Bichons ) because they are so intelligent, Oooh I am soo jealous of you, I think I will come and dognap your Fern
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-08-2005, 11:56 PM
Originally Posted by Ashlady
My thanks to Staffy, Azz, Deefin and......oooh what's her name?.........oh yes - Foxy
He hasn't scrubbed with anything yet so will pass on the suggestions.

(I am glad nobody is saying I should give him a pay rise so he could buy that new floor )shhhhhh!!

Give the poor lad a pay rise Ashlady, stop being so tight
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2