View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-04-2012, 08:53 PM
For a very different reason (bungalow we bought needed complete renovation) we lived in a static caravan down the road for 6 and a half weeks.

Funnily enough, we had so much on our plates with the renovations that it seemed like a little haven to us at the time and we didn't notice the inconveniences .

I think you're doing the right thing. Once the exchanges have taken place you can really breathe a sigh of relief. Now you know why I said to go for that early exchange
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-04-2012, 06:34 AM
You could be right there Chris, it might be fate, we can take a week off, chill out in the van, explore the local area which we don't know yet, so when we move in, I will know where I'm going and know how to get home everytime I go out the front door coz the van is actually 5 mins away from this bungalow.

Well, I finally got communication from her at 11pm last night via e-mail, stating that she had received no messages, calls or voicemails from her agents (yeah right, I know at least two of them rang her!). She was at the emergency doctors until late last night and she has to be at the hospital this morning for more blood tests See what I'm dealing with here!

I have e-mailed the solicitors telling them to go ahead on our sale today no matter what happens with our purchase. Hopefully though, we can also exchange on our purchase but with the later date of the 11th, but if we can't, then I will have the fear that she wants to pull out of her sale to us over the week-end won't I! It's not too bad being homeless in a caravan with all that money stashed in the bank though lol!

I'm going to keep very c-a-l-m today and just let it all happen (or all crash!!!) around me! Wish me luck then!
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-04-2012, 07:15 AM
It will probably all go through fine (either one or the other date). Every time we've bought and sold, or even just bought, we've had similar problems and every time, I say never, ever again

Should probably say that we don't buy and sell houses at a whim, but we do do the work for our kids as well and the stresses are just the same because then you worry for them
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-04-2012, 01:39 PM
OMG this morning has been quite unbearable...... My stress levels have gone beyond their limits I feel quite ill now.

Anyway, chatted with my solicitor who was very reluctant to let us exchange on our purchase without that piece of paper about the road, and that meant she was also reluctant for exchange on our sale because it's always the norm to do the two together. I told her we are not "the norm", I want you to exchange on our sale now, my buyers have been e-mailing me asking why their solicitors cannot get hold of you as they are all ready to exchange, so one hour ago, that is what she is going to do, so I should hear the phone ring any moment now that we are officially homeless!

I've been ringing the agent of our purchase and because I told him we are not going to exchange today IF we don't get that bit of paper faxed through to our solicitors, he's now running around like a headless chicken, to try and get hold of it from our seller's solicitors and fax it through so that exchange on that one can also take place this afternoon. It looks like it's goodbye to my nanny nap today then just when I really need one!

THEN, my solicitor rings me saying the seller has now agreed to the date of the 4th for completion Just goes to show, I was right to stick to my guns and refuse to exchange today then Then I get an e-mail from the seller saying that's all gone to pot now with "the latest", but I don't know what "the latest" is yet, so I am going to have to ring her estate agent to find out on the mobile, coz I daren't use my landline with that important call coming in.

I tell you what though, this truly IS the most exciting morning I've ever had, even if we do end up homeless!!!!
Collie Convert
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-04-2012, 01:55 PM
I just about managed to keep track of whos who and whats what in that last post...I hope it all comes to a competion today- in your favour of course!
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-04-2012, 02:00 PM
I'm sure solicitors are from an alien planet and have difficulties understanding plain English at times. Go out of their comfort zone (ie all exchanges taking place same time, same day) and they go into a tizz .

My guess is that the latest is that the 'bit of paper' relating to the road is either missing or never existed. It is something to clear up at this stage Helena. The last thing you want is to go ahead without it only to find that if you are ever in a position to sell again, it all hits the fan

Good luck - got it all crossed for you still
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-04-2012, 02:09 PM
Oh Aitch....... update soon, I'm holding my breath and have gone a funny colour.....
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

20-04-2012, 02:21 PM
I have just checked my BP...

...a big mistake...
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

20-04-2012, 02:29 PM
Oh phew how are you coping ?

I know last minute on this house our Solicitor rang to say we had sitting tenants and was reluctant to exchange in case we were homeless on the day of moving.

Turned out the man who lived here with his partner didn't actually own the house his mum did and she was doing the conveyancing and not doing a very good job. It all worked out in the end after our Solicitor spoke to her and was satisfied the family were moving I knew they were they were only going next door to a bigger property. We still remain friends.

Gosh to think I want to go through it all again sooner rather than later if Gorden can find a permanent job. I have had 15 years nearly to recover. I remember I nearly went out and brought a packet of cigarettes to get me through that day. I have never smoked.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-04-2012, 02:39 PM
Oh LOL at you lot, you keep me sane!!!!! (ish!!!)

Oh it's all going on 'ere!!! The agent has mailed me to say she has phoned our solicitor to ask what stage we are at with our sale and she has replied that she is "just waiting for the release on the house" it all sounds good to me. My buyers have been e-mailing me non stop, they are soooo excited she's even baked a victoria sponge he said, but he's not allowed to have any of it yet until we've exchanged! I told him I too have done the same, but I bought a banoffee pie from Waitrose which we weren't allowed to eat last night, it is saved for tonight. I also told him he was much better off than we were, because he had a house as well as a cake, whereas we just have a cake and the prospect of that caravan!!!!

OMG I've just had an e-mail from our seller and she has said "e-mailing re road use NOW"!!!! Oh how exciting is this, I will never get over it!!!!!

Oh I do hope there is still time to get both of these exchanges done today and then I can really celebrate.....with something, I don't know what, but I'll find it!!!!

Trouble is, who is e-mailing who though, she hasn't said (scratches head), let's hope it's her agent e-mailing my solicitor and she can get cracking now!!!
Page 3 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »