View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Kerriebaby
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-02-2012, 03:38 PM
Helena...fantastic news! whereabouts are you moving to?

OH and I are currently on operation "get this house up to scratch" and trawling RightMove on a daily basis. I just dont want to live next to a big new estate
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-02-2012, 03:38 PM
Just goes to show what a bit of a shove and push can do to some people hey! We could have sat here for another 6 months if I hadn't of made that phone call yesterday.

Claire, it wouldn't take much to persuade YOU to live on that park all year round would it, just a bit of a commute to work though isn't it! This new van is fab, it's even got an en-suite (absolutely imperative for us coz we need two loo's, me and Dave used to fight over one loo many years ago in the mornings lol!).

Yes Lucky, that was my plan when Harvey was going to buy one on the plot next to me, I told him it wouldn't be long before we owned the whole road lol!

Most of all, it's the total stress free bit that I'm excited about, especially for Dave and his nightmare of a garage, he just can't take it anymore (I think I'm ok though, but then we can always split the money lol!).

I shall be selling my bimmer coz I won't need that when I don't have the long, weekly van trips, that's all I use it for really, I tend to stick with the dogmobile during the week, so I will get another estate, but I doubt Dave will sell his, it's his new toy, he worked hard for that and he loves it, but we certainly won't need 3 bladdy cars will we! I shall miss all my friends though, moving out that way, but I'm sure they'll all pile over for a visit (if I invite them!!!).

I hope she buys this table today, and then it's just the big sofa to go, and I'll start selling the next lot, two big 50" tv's for a start, I doubt mine will fit in my new bedroom in a van, I'll have to downsize to a 32" in the bedroom now! Bit like when we started out, only the other way around now!!! Oooooh exciting, I just want rid of this blooming great big house that is eating all our money each month and for what, we don't use half of it! All that cleaning, that'll be going too, a van is easy to clean! Oh I just can't wait for them to tell us when they want us out now!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-02-2012, 03:47 PM
Originally Posted by Kerriebaby View Post
Helena...fantastic news! whereabouts are you moving to?

OH and I are currently on operation "get this house up to scratch" and trawling RightMove on a daily basis. I just dont want to live next to a big new estate
East Sussex area! Purely because of the static we have over there which I rent out, as it'll be our only source of income until Dave sets himself up with his new mobile venture. It makes sense not to give it up, it's been going so well for the past 3 years, so it also makes sense to end up with another one as a rental.

We found a fantastic little bungalow, alongside a country lane, middle of nowhere, lots of garden, a garage and drive down the bottom, accessed from the lane where Dave could have worked from home, BUT, it went in 2 days before I got a chance to view it Every property I've seen over the past couple of months that suits us, is gone in an instant, so it just couldn't be more perfect for us to end up with cash ourselves, so that we can join those people who are snapping up these little bargains instead of being stuck in a chain, and I really don't mind slumming it in a cravan for however long it takes, especially in my park, which is a dog lovers paradise with all that forest on my doorstep, plus the beaches 10mins away

It seems it's the only wtg in this current market, nobody wants to be stuck in a house chain, it usually breaks, or your buyer starts knocking you down at the last minute, or pulling out. I want out because we have far too much money tied up in this property which I'd rather have as security in the bank in our old age, and I'm getting scared that the whole thing could come crashing down around us leaving us with s*d all, like happened in America. I strongly suspect that is why we had so many downsizers looking at ours, they must feel the same way, it's time to get out. If it does buck up again, it certainly won't be in my lifetime, it'll take years to be back to where we were 6 years ago, and it worries me.

Good luck with yours, it's a buyer's market out there.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-02-2012, 03:53 PM
A kick up the backside can often work wonders.

Glad you've got it sorted - just the nail-biting legal stuff to go now

I'm a big believer in fate. When we were looking for our last move, we were originally going to move to Bridlington (I had a work opportunity over there). The original sale fell through and during the 11 months it took our house to re-sell we had a change of plan and decided to move to the place we'd always dreamed of retiring to.

All of the bungalows we had on our wish list sold the week before we got our sale and the only one left was one we were totally unsure of - in fact we'd thrown it out of the reckoning three times. It's the bungalow I'm in now and I love it. I'm hoping that the only time I have to move out of it is in a box. The garden is a great size and now it's done up the way I want it, it's my dream house

Fate - it has a way of letting us know what's best for us even if we don't always know it at the time

Good luck with your move, Helena
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-02-2012, 04:17 PM
How fabulous H. It all sounds very exciting. It is a shame you aren't moving up to Scotland, but it sounds like your own little paradise down there, and hopefully one day I will get down for a visit!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-02-2012, 04:37 PM
Nice to hear fate stepped in there for you too Chris. You see, I took your advice in the morning post yesterday and gave them a good kicking!

I'd rather come to yours Kirsty!!!

Phew! I can't believe my luck here with the girl who just came round! I had mum, daughter and even grandma and the two kids,they bought the table, dave's big 50" telly that isn't used now, they want to buy my big wardrobe and matching chests of drawers, the big fridge freezer out in the bootroom, and the washing machine/tumble, blimey they want it ALLLLL!!! I told them hang on a minute here,we're still living in this house, but they said as long as the price was right, we'd agree the sale, and they would give me a deposit for it all, and only come and collect it when we were moving out, so yet again, that's fate, it'll all be gone along with ourselves when the time is right.

Poor girl, her husband has left her and she's moving into a big caravan, a 20foot wide one, but there's nothing in it, but the table will fit, it's not too big without the leaves and she loves it. She only wanted my double bed, but I told her, that's not for sale, that's the only thing I want to keep! I felt so sorry for her, I knocked the price down, but not by too much, I'm not that much of a pushover!

Oh lordy, talk about a whirlwind again, but it's good that I've sold all the contents along with the house today!!!!

Chriiiiist, I hope these buyers don't change their minds tomorrow, but I'm sure they won't, they've waited long enough and so have we, and I'm ready to go, go gooooooo now!

I wonder if my dear old mum is having a hand in this, because I do remember, when we sold her apartment in such a hurry in Mallorca, we had to sell ALL her furniture, everything, the lot, and we did it ALL in one day, left the place empty for the new owners on the next day when I signed it over! We often laughed about that, it's got me thinking whether she's getting her own back here!!
Deb/Pugglepup
Almost a Veteran
Female 

21-02-2012, 05:52 PM
That's brilliant news H - It's certainly all falling into place

The excitement can be felt through your posts

Wonderful news. What a brilliant summer you have ahead of you both
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-02-2012, 06:24 PM
wonderful H - can't really see you as Trailer trash though ?? you are surely far too posh !! LOL LOL
Mazza
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-02-2012, 06:46 PM
corr blimey..I would say thats a very successful day!! You sounding so happy has given me inspiration as I put my house on the market yesterday,love my home but hate this yuppy estate. I sat this morning having doubts, can I face all the stress and keep having negative thoughts about it but reading your post has made me feel more positive Wishing you luck, it sounds as though you are in for a wonderful summer
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-02-2012, 06:55 PM
That's brilliant H. I would love to be trailer trash, I love caravans. Were the same here with big house huge bills and only live in a fraction of it. If it wasn't for the location I would be moving too.

It's funny how things have a habit of falling into place.
Page 2 of 17 < 1 2 3 4 5 12 > Last »