Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2012, 08:29 PM
Oi!

I thought you were instructed to have a duvet day?

Update us when you get back Aitch - hope all is well......

x0x0x
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2012, 08:40 PM
Blimey head injuries can be very serious Helena, please go to A&E. Altered vision can be an indication of increased intra cranial pressure which can be caused by a head injury.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2012, 09:29 PM
WELL!!! WHAT A BLADDY JOKE THAT WAS!!!!! Rolls eyes over and over again!!!!

Had to take meself down there didn't I coz of course, Dave's mobile phone is always off, couldn't reach him at all and didn't want to bother a friend and I felt ok(ish). Turns out I must have passed him 2 mins from home, but going the other way!! He arrived at A&E shortly after me seeing my note when he got in.

Waited, and waited, and waited.......and waited, as yer do, then got the "assessment" with the nurse chappy, who said my signs were all good, although bp a bit high (same as yesterday then!) and then went back out there, sat in this awful bladdy metal chair for another 2 hours almost, and couldn't understand WHY there was nobody left in there who was in there when I got there, and then there were newbies arriving who also got called through BEFORE ME All babies, kids and teenagers with cuts and grazes!! Hang on, I thought a head injury was supposed to be quite seriearse

So up I get, after doing a bit of loud complaining, Dave was going redder by the minute, but some of the others found it amusing I go over to the reception area again and just ask if there is the remotest possibility that I might have been "overlooked" or even forgotten (who moi?! How very dare they!!!) and she said that I had not been forgotten, but I had to see a DOCTOR, whereas most of the others were only seeing the nurses and physio's blah, blah, bladdy blah, and I was definitely NEXT!

Well, I wasn't NEXT, some 80 year old dear in a wheelchair who had probably gone in there for a wig exchange was actually next, coz she came out in only 2 mins and her hair looked very different, coz she'd obviously put it back on the wrong way around lol!!!

Waited, waited, waited some more, and then saw this foreign doctor go past in the other room (who you couldn't even understand on the tanoi when he called people in either) with 2 cups of coffee in his hand, he goes into this other room and shuts the door! I knew what that meant!!!!

I did no more than get up, put me coat on, and say toDave, c'mon we're going home, we're going to end up with worse than we had when we came in here with all these sick people coughing and spluttering all over the place, not to mention the people with sick bowls on their laps!!! No thanks!! I told the lady on reception I was feeling a lot better and I couldn't take anymore, she quite agreed, and said I am to go back even overnight if it comes on again, which I will, but next time it will be in an ambulance!! I should have known, I have many memories of this during my horsey years, sometimes even going home to make packed lunches for some of my pals that I'd taken in there!

And to top it all, two cars, cost us £7 between us for the parking, and when we get home, Georgie has left us a nice big parcel in the lounge in front of 'telly lol!

I have told Dave, if I don't wake up tomorrow morning then he should sue the pants off them! I should have been seen a lot earlier than some kid with a scratched knee who went in 2 hours before me and yet came in AFTER me!!! GRRRRR!

I could have flown to Spain AND BACK in that time even with a delay, and it would have been a lot more comfortable than that bladdy metal chair which has now totally finished off my lower back!!!

I've also come home with a headache which the nurse gave me by prodding around my whole head with his fingers, and I never had a headache since I bashed it!

The way I'm feeling, I really don't care if it comes on again, I'll be much better off just chilling here at home in the recliner like I did yesterday and it went. I just cannot believe how they left me like that for almost FOUR HOURS!!!!! (I'm a very quick typist don't forget )

Oh lordy give me strength, poor Dave, he hadn't eaten either and he only gets soup every night during the week coz of his diet, I felt so sorry for him but he just wouldn't go home without me

Moral of this little story, don't go to A&E unless your life depends on it, in which case, get the ambulance to take you there and you jump the queue! Lol! I'm off to bed now!!!

Thanks for caring, I'm sure I will wake up in the morning...... honest I will!!!!
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

19-01-2012, 09:42 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
I'm sure I will wake up in the morning...... honest I will!!!!
YOU HAD BLADDY BETTER OR I WILL BE ON THE NEXT PLANE OUT!
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2012, 09:44 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
WELL!!! WHAT A BLADDY JOKE THAT WAS!!!!! Rolls eyes over and over again!!!!

Had to take meself down there didn't I coz of course, Dave's mobile phone is always off, couldn't reach him at all and didn't want to bother a friend and I felt ok(ish). Turns out I must have passed him 2 mins from home, but going the other way!! He arrived at A&E shortly after me seeing my note when he got in.

Waited, and waited, and waited.......and waited, as yer do, then got the "assessment" with the nurse chappy, who said my signs were all good, although bp a bit high (same as yesterday then!) and then went back out there, sat in this awful bladdy metal chair for another 2 hours almost, and couldn't understand WHY there was nobody left in there who was in there when I got there, and then there were newbies arriving who also got called through BEFORE ME All babies, kids and teenagers with cuts and grazes!! Hang on, I thought a head injury was supposed to be quite seriearse

So up I get, after doing a bit of loud complaining, Dave was going redder by the minute, but some of the others found it amusing I go over to the reception area again and just ask if there is the remotest possibility that I might have been "overlooked" or even forgotten (who moi?! How very dare they!!!) and she said that I had not been forgotten, but I had to see a DOCTOR, whereas most of the others were only seeing the nurses and physio's blah, blah, bladdy blah, and I was definitely NEXT!

Well, I wasn't NEXT, some 80 year old dear in a wheelchair who had probably gone in there for a wig exchange was actually next, coz she came out in only 2 mins and her hair looked very different, coz she'd obviously put it back on the wrong way around lol!!!

Waited, waited, waited some more, and then saw this foreign doctor go past in the other room (who you couldn't even understand on the tanoi when he called people in either) with 2 cups of coffee in his hand, he goes into this other room and shuts the door! I knew what that meant!!!!

I did no more than get up, put me coat on, and say toDave, c'mon we're going home, we're going to end up with worse than we had when we came in here with all these sick people coughing and spluttering all over the place, not to mention the people with sick bowls on their laps!!! No thanks!! I told the lady on reception I was feeling a lot better and I couldn't take anymore, she quite agreed, and said I am to go back even overnight if it comes on again, which I will, but next time it will be in an ambulance!! I should have known, I have many memories of this during my horsey years, sometimes even going home to make packed lunches for some of my pals that I'd taken in there!

And to top it all, two cars, cost us £7 between us for the parking, and when we get home, Georgie has left us a nice big parcel in the lounge in front of 'telly lol!

I have told Dave, if I don't wake up tomorrow morning then he should sue the pants off them! I should have been seen a lot earlier than some kid with a scratched knee who went in 2 hours before me and yet came in AFTER me!!! GRRRRR!

I could have flown to Spain AND BACK in that time even with a delay, and it would have been a lot more comfortable than that bladdy metal chair which has now totally finished off my lower back!!!

I've also come home with a headache which the nurse gave me by prodding around my whole head with his fingers, and I never had a headache since I bashed it!

The way I'm feeling, I really don't care if it comes on again, I'll be much better off just chilling here at home in the recliner like I did yesterday and it went. I just cannot believe how they left me like that for almost FOUR HOURS!!!!! (I'm a very quick typist don't forget )

Oh lordy give me strength, poor Dave, he hadn't eaten either and he only gets soup every night during the week coz of his diet, I felt so sorry for him but he just wouldn't go home without me

Moral of this little story, don't go to A&E unless your life depends on it, in which case, get the ambulance to take you there and you jump the queue! Lol! I'm off to bed now!!!

Thanks for caring, I'm sure I will wake up in the morning...... honest I will!!!!
I'm not going to comment on the NHS stuff as being an NHS Nurse I see the other side to what you witnessed.

Your headache is no laughing matter though H as it's another symptom of increased ICP and a possible bleed and if that does happen to be what you're suffering from you're possibly risking not waking up tomorrow by not getting it seen to.

Granted this is an old story, but it serves as a good reminder of the dangers of head injuries.
twix
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-01-2012, 09:58 PM
Honestly, we're our own worst enemies! I know we haven't got time to be ill but who's gonna look after the OH and the dogs if you're laid up?

Get back down to A&E maybe go at 3am, it might be quieter!
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2012, 10:03 PM
Oh Helen. I understand completely how you feel - I probably would have done the same. It's dreadful that you were left so long. My little girl had a horrible, bleeding gash that needed steri-strips for stitching and we were left for over 2 hours, even though she'd suffered an awful bang to the head.

Please, if you feel anything like you have felt, please go back.

Just thinking of you.
xxx
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2012, 10:37 PM
If your not right during the night, maybe you should call an ambulance, H, head injuries can be unpredictable, can't they?
Lorna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2012, 11:24 PM
Hope you're ok H, be careful and perhaps take yourself to the GP again in the morning and explain your new symptoms? xxxx
emma47
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2012, 11:40 PM
Nothing to add to what everyone else has said but hope you are feeling better in the morning x
Page 4 of 19 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 > Last »