Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2012, 05:08 PM

Had a funny "turn" in Morrisons today

Not a particularly good place to have one lol!.

I took quite a severe bashing on my jaw/ear/head 2 days ago on the car door which had half swung back as I leaned in to get something, turned around, not expecting said door to be where it was and just bashed myself straight into it in my usual mad rush way. My jaw and ear hurt, I didn't realise I had bashed my head, but maybe I hit it so bad, that it didn't hurt if you know what I mean.

I was fine until I had a lie down that afternoon, and when I got up, the room wanted to spin, just like when I had vertigo, I felt sick, couldn't see the puter screen it was a big blurr, and I knew if I turned or bent over quickly I'd be in big trouble, so I just sat down, rang Dave, and stayed there till her got home. By yesterday morning it had gone. I went to the quack, she checked me over, all seemed fine, she even took some bloods, but she did say if I was sick or got the blurred vision again I must go straight to casualty. She said it is NOT concussion

Anyhoo, this morning, in Morrisons, doing a small shop, the shelf stock got all blurry, I felt in a "fog" and I thought I was gonna crash out!! It wasn't like my vertigo episodes where everything was spinning, it was different, and I didn't know whether to ditch the trolly and get back to the car and straight to A&E coz it was only 2 mins away (was that the reason I might have shopped there I wonder???!), or carry on and get out of there quick and back home. I decided on the latter, and as soon as I got to the car and sat down, it kind of went. Got home, I took Zena up the green for a ball chuck, I had already walked her for 3/4hour this morning, and it didn't recur. I made sure I went somewhere busy, just in case I collapsed and wouldn't be left lying there in the wilderness overnight. My head where it hurts on the top that side, has now got a "dip" in it, and this kind of ridge either side Now that wasn't there yesterday ! oooooer!

I'm still fine, I've even laid down again and nothing bad has happened, but if it happens again, it's a surefire thing that I'll be taking myself off to casualty in a big hurry. Trouble is, how on earth will I get there with blurry vision!! Ah, phone a friend!

Oh the joys of getting old huh!!!!
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

19-01-2012, 05:19 PM
Do you want me to come and smack your botty?

Hi thyself to the ER now.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2012, 05:24 PM
Nooooooooo I'm getting in the bath!!!!

If the doc is right and I bruised it badly like she said because my left eye was a bit black underneath then...... Oh this isn't looking good is it......

OK maybe after my bath then when I've fed Dave, he can take me
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

19-01-2012, 05:26 PM
If you are getting in the bath and Dave is not home, DO NOT DO IT.

And that is an order.
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2012, 05:28 PM
Remember how Dave wasn't keen on getting himself investigated thoroughly and you convinced him........ Now we need to convince you.

You can't be too careful when it comes to head injuries, please get checked again.
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2012, 05:31 PM
Originally Posted by Malka View Post
If you are getting in the bath and Dave is not home, DO NOT DO IT.

And that is an order.
^^^^ what she said!!
Dont mess about - really better to be safe than sorry!! It might not be connected but it really sounds like you need to get checked out anyways

Dr's dont joke about going to A&E
Helen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2012, 05:38 PM
Dr's dont joke about going to A&E
Agree, get yourself seen to!

Helen
Anniebee
Almost a Veteran
Female 

19-01-2012, 05:42 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Nooooooooo I'm getting in the bath!!!!

If the doc is right and I bruised it badly like she said because my left eye was a bit black underneath then...... Oh this isn't looking good is it......

OK maybe after my bath then when I've fed Dave, he can take me
Errrrrr, no bath please, especially unsupervised. Will you please go and get that checked out, really soon, like really, really soon!
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2012, 05:53 PM
forget the bath and Dave can feed himself. Off ya go to A&E girl and get yourself checked out!!!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2012, 05:57 PM
OK, thanks guys, I just did the NHS thing and she told me to go STRAIGHT there no messing! I did have my bath though! Now my vision is going blurry again.........
Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 4 11 > Last »