View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
kiwijan
Dogsey Junior
Female 

04-10-2011, 12:39 PM
We've been plagued with them too but got one of those sonic repellent things and its done the trick. Before that, we were away for a couple of days and they got into a large container under the sink where the dog biscuits are kept. I didn't realise and picked it up and there were 4-5 mice scrabbling about in there - they couldn't get out - so went outside, called Jonah, lifted the lid and they were all dead in about 5 seconds flat!! And of course, as you are doing, leave no food lying about! I'm sure we've still got them about but not on the work tops or cooker now as the sonic thing is plugged into the wall. Good luck!
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

04-10-2011, 03:02 PM
I think I have tried just about all the plug-in rodent repellents that there are - sonic - ultra-sound - ones that send some form of signal through all the wiring in the house - if it is available I will buy it and try it.

But I still have mice.
Misty-Pup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-10-2011, 03:54 PM
My jack Russell is useless, not caught a thing!! Give her a rat and she'll happily dispose of it, but she turns her nose up at mice!!
hectorsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-10-2011, 07:48 PM
Originally Posted by Malka View Post
I think I have tried just about all the plug-in rodent repellents that there are - sonic - ultra-sound - ones that send some form of signal through all the wiring in the house - if it is available I will buy it and try it.

But I still have mice.
I've had mice for the past 2 years now and I bought a sonic thingy as above. I put it where the back door is and I've not had the little blighters back.

I also have the humane traps set in the kitchen baited with peanut butter. Over the 2yrs I've caught 8 and released them 2 miles from the house, otherwise they find their way back!!!!

It does take a few weeks for the mice to uproot from the house particually if they have babies.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran

04-10-2011, 09:41 PM
Originally Posted by hectorsmum View Post
...[snip]...It does take a few weeks for the mice to uproot from the house particually if they have babies.
Babies in a dressing gown pocket hanging on a hook in my bedroom... Babies in an oven glove hanging by the side of the cooker...
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-10-2011, 10:11 PM
Originally Posted by Malka View Post

But I still have mice.
It doesn't stop them coming in but the noise drives them o ut quicker than they came in
Malka
Dogsey Veteran

04-10-2011, 10:27 PM
Come to think of it I rarely see a mouse these days although I know they are still around - and as all food is safe now plus I do not do any food preparation directly on surfaces but on various chopping boards/trays - which are then washed, dried and stacked upright in a cupboard...

...I reckon the that mice that are around are not doing too much damage now.

[I hope those were not famous last words ]
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2