Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-09-2011, 11:50 PM

It's Over

I went to the dentist today to get the two back teeth & wisdom teeth removed. I knew it would be bad but even I didn't envisage how unpleasant it would be

The first tooth he had to cut in half as the x-rays didn't show it's bulbous roots. As he was moving it about, to loosen the socket all the infection was seeping up

When he came to the second tooth i had to stop him as it was so painful - lots more local anaesthetic, he said it was because the infection was under this tooth. This tooth didn't want to leave me either

The Wisdom tooth was lying on it's side and hard to get at but he got it eventually.

He said normally they would let the gums /jaw bones settle for couple of months before thinking of doing anything more however in my case after the grim time I had today, he feels it would be more appropriate to leave it until the New Year - don't think there is a smiley for a weak smile!

I was quite shell shocked for a while especially having an hours drive home! However it's over & done with now and I can only look forward to a life without constant tooth infections & pain on that side - dentist said he didn't know how I had stood it for so long

So any pain & discomfort I feel now whilst the sockets are healing I can endure, as I know things can only get better from now on
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-09-2011, 04:21 AM
Oh Helen, you poor thing. Let's hope now that any pain you are feeling is just a precursor to being completely pain free very soon.

Large hugs mate xxx
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-09-2011, 05:47 AM
Oh you poor, poor thing, but I know how painful that must have been as my dentist has to take my teeth out with infections coz I can't do ab's, so even though he sometimes gives me loads and loads of the stuff, it doesn't stay there so I feel most of it There really is nothing worse than suffering with your teeth, so you're right, no matter what pain you're in now, at least you know it's not going to get worse this time.

Are you going for those implants then or the chrome partial? Good luck with it all, you'll have a great smile for next year!
cava14una
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-09-2011, 06:54 AM
Deepest sympathy been there done that!!!
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-09-2011, 06:56 AM
Yayyyyyyyyyyyy so pleased its all over for you xxxxx
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-09-2011, 07:28 AM
When I was told how they would remove my wisdom tooth whilst in the chair I opted for private! I was completely under GA so knew nothing about it!
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-09-2011, 07:42 AM
My next check up is going to be under GA if I have anything to do with it---I am terrified after having a tooth removed with no anesthetic (5 injections and none worked!). It happened to me once before when I was a child (the anesthetic not working).

Glad your ordeal is over VB, I feel your pain!

rune
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-09-2011, 11:16 AM
Poor you Helen, that sounds terrible. Glad that it is over now. So long evil tooth ache
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-09-2011, 11:19 AM
Ouch! I can't understand why they didn't go for GA - so much easier for you!

Hope you are feeling better now, and just imagine - no more tooth ache!
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-09-2011, 06:51 PM
Ouch! So sorry for you. That's horrendous.

I agree with the others about a GA........or at least a sedation!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >