Our sister sites
Our sister sites
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-09-2011, 10:21 AM

Well today would of been 4 years...

well today would of been the day that i had been with the OH for 4 years

i dont know how i feel about it to be honest...

im not as bothered as i thought i would be, i know we wont get back together... sometimes i think we will, but i know its not for the best, and i only know i miss what i had with him, not him in particular.

he has a new girlfriend, well a "thing" as he says they arent going out, as she is moving away in a few weeks. it annoys me that he has moved on so quickly, and ive not got anyone, but im not upset by the fact.

i still talk to him now and again, but not very often. and i see his mates out on nights out and they still talk to me as if nothing wrong, which im greatful for, as they didnt have to still treat me as friend now im not part of their "group"

ive sort of met someone else but hes back at uni now so a bit awkward with getting to see each other and things. but we shall see.

i dont really know why im writing this to be honest, just getting it off my chest i suppose. but things arent as bad as what i thought they would be being on my own i do what i like when i want, i spend time with friends i thought i forgot, spend even more times with the dogs which is having great results and i get the bed to myself, which means SPACE in fact when i stayed at a lads the other week, i was like " god give me room" his reply was "if i give you any more room i will be on the floor"

ahhh well, well thats off my chest
krlyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-09-2011, 10:27 AM
You soon get into the habit of a relationship, even if it's not working quite as well as you want, so it's going to feel weird for a while. I'm glad you're finding single life has its perks though!
spockky boy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-09-2011, 10:30 AM
More bed space?!.... I have forgotten what that is!!

Enjoy being single while you can, if things happen, they will happen in their own time
Deb/Pugglepup
Almost a Veteran
Female 

28-09-2011, 11:54 AM
Isn't it strange how anniversaries make you think/wonder??
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

28-09-2011, 12:17 PM
Clo - stop thinking about him. Think of yourself and your dogs and realise that he is not part of your life any more. He was not right for you and it took you long enough to come to that conclusion, so please hun, live your life for now and for the future.

The past has gone. Let it stay gone. And as I said on the Good Morning thread:

Dolce
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-09-2011, 12:26 PM
why he felt the need to tell you about his "thing" i dont know. Unless hes trying to provoke a reaction from you. Best off out of it i think.

Its still hard i know. When i split up from my last boyfriend i truely thought that was it for me, then along came the current one! so you just never know. have fun being yourself, if you like yourself who wouldnt want to be with you!
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-09-2011, 12:32 PM
The trouble with the breakup of a relationship is that you lose the future of it as well as the past. All the plans you made, all the hopes and dreams. All the rosy possibilities.
All you can do really is to replace them - but feeling sad for what you`ve lost is quite normal.
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-09-2011, 07:26 PM
thanks guys malka that is so true

im not really upset about it so to speak, ive not really thought about him much today, ive had other things job wise on my mind. with 4 different career choices to choose from i now dont know which one to choose!

it just makes me think about what i would be doing if i was with him now, and to be honest im glad im not doing the same old same old! im happier now single than i was with him, i miss cuddles, and someone making me a brew in the morning, but im training asbo to do this he hasnt worked out how to hold a mug yet though

heres to the future anyway it can only be better
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-09-2011, 04:43 AM
It sounds to me like you're gradually moving on. You deserve so much better than your ex, so I'm very pleased to see you have met someone else.

Keep your chin up hon, you definitely made the right decision xx

x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-09-2011, 09:23 AM
thanks vicki
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >