Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

19-09-2011, 03:55 PM

Mums in hospital.

She had a fall this morning the second one in 5 weeks this is to do with the heart irregularity it seems. Last time she bruised her head this time she has cracked it open on the door frame. She was doing something with the quilt on a bed that is never used and exactly what her consultant told her 2 weeks ago she should not do. (Exertion).

I got a call from careline and her neighbour rang my brother as she didn't want me she wanted him. Anyway he was waiting at the hopsital for her and I sorted it out at home with the response paramedic till the ambulance arrived.

She was in bigemini apparently and her blood pressure was 250/85. At last they are keeping her in for a couple of days hopefully for tests. Wonder if thats because the response paramedic went with her in the ambulance as she was still hooked up to the portbale ECG machine and the 2nd ambulance man had to drive his car to the hospital.

She was not a happy bunny. Now one of my brothers will know what I have been doing all these years and Gill has been doing alongside me for the past three years.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-09-2011, 06:45 PM
Poor mum...... hope she's on the mend soon Lynn.

Such a worry for you....

x0x
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-09-2011, 06:53 PM
Sorry to hear this Lynn, hope you mum is feeling a bit brighter soon.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

19-09-2011, 09:03 PM
Thanks both. Hopefully now they may take notice of what Gill and I have been saying for the last couple of years.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

19-09-2011, 09:08 PM
Hopefully sense will prevail now, Lynn - you have had to put up with so much.

I hope your mum feels better soon.
cava14una
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-09-2011, 09:14 PM
Hope she's better soon Lynn but also hope you and your sister get recognition for what you have to deal with!!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

20-09-2011, 05:57 AM
Originally Posted by Malka View Post
Hopefully sense will prevail now, Lynn - you have had to put up with so much.

I hope your mum feels better soon.
Originally Posted by cava14una View Post
Hope she's better soon Lynn but also hope you and your sister get recognition for what you have to deal with!!
Thank you both. I am hoping they run tests to see what is going on with the heart the response paramedic said this is causing the falls which is what her Consultant also told us. But she won't listen to sense and do as she is told. So hopefully they will assess her and put careres in or not release her home only in to warden controlled or a nursing home I know she will hate it.

Her Consultant said two weeks ago about medication but if he goes that route he has to think about removing something else which is equally important. So maybe the hosptal will make that decision.

She was told she needed assisted living at christmas but refused and would not budge and this is now happening all to often.

I shall ring today if my brother hasn't got in touch and find which ward she was admitted to and see if they are running tests and how she is today.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-09-2011, 06:23 AM
Sorry to hear all this Lynn, that really does sound like a very bad fall this time Perhaps she will have no choice about where she goes next, or perhaps it might have knocked some sense into her at last not to do the things they told her not to, and even better, she might now consider that assisted living route you wanted her to have previously.

Be interesting to hear your brother's take on it all now, there could well be some apologies heading your way! I hope this doesn't start stressing you out again, deep breaths!
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-09-2011, 06:26 AM
Hope she makes a speedy recovery hun xxx always a worry when they won't listen but she is in the right place now to sort things out hopefully xx
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

20-09-2011, 06:42 AM
So sorry to read this Lynn, I hope your Mum makes a good recovery but as you say it seems like a bad fall and she really should not have been doing what she was if exertion is the trigger for this.

Also can I ask why she is opposed to a warden controlled retirement apartment I think they are an excellant idea and they don't have to be in a block of flats in fact I was looking at some recently which are built on ground level, have a little garden and are either detached or semi-detached, most have one bedroom but there are some with two bedrooms as well.

It would seem to be the best place for your Mum.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >