Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-08-2011, 02:33 PM

Disaster

So it's Sunday and everything is ready to feed the family.
Once again hubby has done the shopping because I am still only hobbling around. He has bought a chicken and all the veg and bits.
Yesterday I spent preparing everything so today I just have to put it in the oven.
I got the tin ready, took the chicken out of the fridge........phwoaw What a stink The chicken was "off"

Then we looked at the date on the chicken, best before yesterday, we bought it Friday

So I have taken a load of chick portions out of the freezer and lunch will be a little late
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

07-08-2011, 03:00 PM
Oh dear I am sure it will be all the better for waiting.
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-08-2011, 03:01 PM
I hope you're taking it back!
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

07-08-2011, 03:06 PM
Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
So it's Sunday and everything is ready to feed the family.
Once again hubby has done the shopping because I am still only hobbling around. He has bought a chicken and all the veg and bits.
Yesterday I spent preparing everything so today I just have to put it in the oven.
I got the tin ready, took the chicken out of the fridge........phwoaw What a stink The chicken was "off"

Then we looked at the date on the chicken, best before yesterday, we bought it Friday

So I have taken a load of chick portions out of the freezer and lunch will be a little late
If the chicken was bought on Friday with a "best before" date of yesterday, it should not have been off.

Chuck the chook [which I presume you have already done] but keep the label - if the label is in the bin then take it out and rinse it, stick it in a poly bag, and take it [or get your husband to take it] back to the store. Preferably with the receipt.

If it was bought from a supermarket an email to the Customer Services department of the s/m should be sent pronto. Say that you had to dispose of the foul fowl because it stank the place out - say that it left you with no Sunday lunch for your family so you had to make do with pizzas or egg and chips or something , and how disappointed your family were as they were so looking forward to their Sunday roast...

Get the idea?
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-08-2011, 03:20 PM
The chick is gone but all other incriminating evidence has been saved for a little trip to Sainsburys tomorrow!
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-08-2011, 04:05 PM
I hope they are generous! I wonder if you'll be in a queue with other disappointed customers.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-08-2011, 05:57 PM
Originally Posted by moetmum View Post
I hope they are generous! I wonder if you'll be in a queue with other disappointed customers.
Pity I didn't keep the chicken ....there would have been no queue