View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Elaine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-07-2011, 11:33 AM
Just catching up on any updates, been out the house a bit this morning. Did check first thing, then had to go out.

Really hope you and Dave get some positive answers sometime today, it can be a worry being left in the dark, so to speak.

Dont go 'Googling' to much, it might give you a brain overload (no pun intended). Dave is in the best place, by the sounds of it, much better than our hospital!! Might just take a little time to get him sorted, but still sending huge vibes for him.

Brilliant news about Princess Zena being sound again, not so good for poor Georgie panting all night , bless him.

Will catch up later, got to blitz the kitchen, long overdo a 'spring clean'

Take care and dont forget to have something to eat and drink, have to keep your wits about you.
xxxx
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-07-2011, 11:54 AM
Oh such, lovely, lovely posts to read here when I just got back, so thankyou all and sorry I can't answer each of you in turn, but I'm sure you understand my reasons, just a huuuuge thankyuou to all of you.

I've sorted the garage, it was very busy, but the understudy managed to get what he wanted off me and then I thanked them profusely and made a quick exit.

Dave's just rung me again, he said he's had his spinal tap and is now lying there staring at the ceiling BUT, he said they have actually now taken the pain AWAY so what's that all about then? You are right there then Malka, it's not the procedure, but who is holding that syringe! Thanks for that info there, much appreciated. I told Dave he must tell the doctors that they have taken the pain away by doing that tap coz to me, it now sounds like he had fluid on the brain?? I wonder if in turn, that will point to some type of infection going on around it or in it perhaps? I will only know at 3 pm. He told me I must have something to eat (yeah!), then hae a little nap coz I only got an hour or so last night, let alone the night before, and told me not to bother to ring them till 4pm and not to go up there till 5pm coz we know from the past, that nobody gets discharged any earlier than 5 when the doctor's have done their final rounds of the day.

Phew! I feel c*ap if I'm honest, but that's not surprising, but I'm actually starving hungry, haven't eaten since yesterday lunchtime, and when I'm worried I can eat like a horse, unlike some people who can't touch their food!

Zena's pestering me to go out and play with that ball, but I'm afraid, I just haven't got the energy to either take her out for her 2nd walk or even play with the ball, I'm just knackered, but I'll maybe throw it a couple of times and then she'll settle for me nicely. She's been such a good, good girl (considering!!! Considering she's such a loon that is!), she's been a real dream and so has Georgie, they've just done exactly what they've been told, and to have me go out again at 10.30 at night leaving them home alone, when not only do we never go out, but definitely not after bedtime which is 9pm, we're always home by then!! She was reeeeeeally pleased to see me at midnight though when I stepped back through that door! Bless their little hearts, I'm sure they can read me like a book.

Thanks again guys, let's hope that spinal tap either reveals something or NOT and they can just send him home and tell him to live with it!xxxxxxxx
footsieG
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-07-2011, 12:26 PM
Sending loads of vibes and ((((huggs)))) from here. Luv Gayle. Xxx
Rubster
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-07-2011, 12:55 PM
Oiiiii Mrs B!!!! GET SOME SCOFF!!! *bossy hat off* & then go have your nana nap! You're no good without it!

Pleased to hear Dave is able to keep you updated & am sure everything will be fine.

Now do as ur told, sling ur hook from here & go raid that fridge

Take care hun, thinking of you xxxxxxxx
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-07-2011, 12:55 PM
Thanks for the update, Aitch. Hope the results show something easily manageable and Dave is back up to speed pronto.

Huge hugs, mate - wish I was there to comfort you (bloody work!)
x0x
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-07-2011, 01:00 PM
Originally Posted by Rubster View Post
Oiiiii Mrs B!!!! GET SOME SCOFF!!! *bossy hat off* & then go have your nana nap! You're no good without it!

Pleased to hear Dave is able to keep you updated & am sure everything will be fine.

Now do as ur told, sling ur hook from here & go raid that fridge

Take care hun, thinking of you xxxxxxxx
I know, I know, I know, but I'm sitting here waiting to ring sil back coz she's out for the day, she's just climbing onto a bus (or so she says!) and I have to ring her in 20 mins, that's the only reason I'm on here honest I'm nodding off as I type here......zzzzzzzzzz I've done the eating thing, I shared a cooked chicken with the doglets, now they're asleeeeeeep, yayyyyyy! I will ring her now and get my butt off upstairs, coz I can't sleep down here with that Georgie slapping and slurping and panting away, which I might add, he only does when we're trying to sleeep ourselves coz he's slept all bladdy day hasn't he!!!! Alright bossy boots, I'll log off now then.... in a min.....

Originally Posted by Vicki View Post
Thanks for the update, Aitch. Hope the results show something easily manageable and Dave is back up to speed pronto.

Huge hugs, mate - wish I was there to comfort you (bloody work!)
x0x
Thanks Vicki, it's been a long hard 24 hours, but I'm on the up now coz that spinal tap is over and he's out of pain. How long that lasts of course who knows, and what the results of the tests will be who knows, but I know one thing - he can't wait to get home!!!
lisa01uk87
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-07-2011, 02:24 PM
please make sure you look after yourself aswell helena fingers x'd here its not anything serious xxx
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

28-07-2011, 02:40 PM
Helena [Malka is putting her strong Grandma voice on] - it is vital that you eat, that you keep hydrated, and that you look after yourself first and foremost.

Helena not well? Who is going to go visit Dave?

Helena not well? Who is going to look after the wubbles?

Helena not well? Who is going to look after Helena?

Honeybunch - listen to Grandma - you must look after yourself first because you are no help or use to Dave or the wubbles if you do not.

Please do not go googling this or that because if you do not have medical knowledge you will only scare yourself sh*tless.

There is nothing you can do to change what is, or what will be happening, so please just listen to me and maybe take my advice?

Look after yourself. Make sure your body is nourished as best as possible, and that includes rest and sleep.

OK honeybunch?

Much love and cyber {{{huggles}}}

Malka xxx
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-07-2011, 03:42 PM
Thanks Lisa and thankyou Malka, you are a very wise, old grandma aren't you, and the answer to all 3 questions there is "nobody" coz Helena has nobody other than Dave and her friends (who are busy working), coz sadly, gone are the days when I had a wonderful mum who always cared about me, let alone a lovely grandma, so I'm next I suppose! You are now officially adopted as my cybergrandma if you'll take up the challenge lol!

Now at last, I have some GOOD news! All the tests came up with nothing Am I to believe that then?? I suppose I have to. Dave is not a hyperchondriac (sp?), he never goes to the quack, he never complains, he suffers in silence as I've seen so many times over the past 30 years with these migraines, and I just can't understand why they are so different since 2 weeks ago if there is nothing wrong So I'm off to collect him, and hope for the best then. He's not going to work that's for sure, and I'm going to hide his car keys over the week-end so he can have a week off next week, coz he's never had more than a couple of days a YEAR for the past 10 years and that's all gotta change. This was a warning, and sometimes you don't get two do ya!

I can't thank you all enough for being here for me in my time of need, I really don't know what I'd do without Dogsey during my traumatic times of which there have been a few over the past 8 years as some of you will remember only too well! Let's hope I can r-e-l-a-x for a long time now coz I feel like I really need it. There's nothing like a bit of stress to put another nail in that coffin is there, let alone those lines on my face, or the grey hairs.

Now Bev, things have gotten a bit behind here now, what with all of this going on, (soooo inconvenient with hubby in hospital ) so if you're up for a bit of shoe shining, plant watering, come on down, and don't forget yer feather duster and pinny or those home made cakes!!! I'll put me feet up now then!

Phew! and that's a big PHEW!!!
lilypup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-07-2011, 04:22 PM
So delighted for you and Dave Helen! Just brilliant news! xxxxxxxxx
Page 7 of 14 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 > Last »