View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
werewolf
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-07-2011, 05:09 AM
Just caught this Helena. I really hope Dave gets the all clear or at least it isn't as serious as it could be. Take care Brave lady and. Healing vibes for Dave xxxx
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-07-2011, 05:22 AM
How's Dave this morning Aitch? Please post as soon as you have some news.....

x0x
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

28-07-2011, 06:05 AM
You were both on my mind as soson as I woke .

How is Dave ? How are you ?

Xx
Rubster
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-07-2011, 06:20 AM
Morning Mrs B, how is Dave & yourself this morning? Will keep checking for an update through the day.

Sending strength vibes to you both hunni xxx
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-07-2011, 06:47 AM
Hi guys, and thanks for all these caring, really genuine messages here, and just as I felt really strong this morning after a couple of hours sleep, you've now set me off in tears In a nice way though, but I didn't want to break down like this

Oh jeeze what is happening here when I've always been one of life's lucky peops, but when the bad comes, it always seems to come all at once for me.

I went back up there around 10.30 last night with his dressing gown and some bits, and he did seem a bit frightened, but Dave being Dave he never really shows his true feelings (he's a bottler!) I ended up chatting to the guy in the next bed more than Dave because he started talking to me as I went to leave (poor man has terminal pancreatic cancer, 3 months to live and now he's in there with the pain). I tried to make a joke when I pointed to Dave and replied "..... and he's only got a headache" which made Dave smile a bit and the nurse laughed, but the man said to me "oh no, he's got more wrong with him than that don't you fear" which kind of shook me, so I went back over to Dave to give him another hug and kiss. I tried to reassure him that it's a good thing they're being so thorough (aren't they just brilliant when you DO have a problem!!!) because he can't go on like this suffering with these headaches, and if it turns out to be just a migraine then so be it, they might also be able to help him out there. He agreed.

I had to throw old Georgie out again last night coz his panting was driving me nuts and keeping me awake, he must get so hot overnight with all the doors and windows shut, but he seems happy this morning that he's had a 2nd night out on the tiles, and he has the bootroom which is kind of like being indoors anyway (he doesn't do beds!). Zena was over the moon that I was climbing into dad's bed downstairs, so she leaped up there and made herself all stretched out along the wall upside down, then she put her head on the pillow next to me (awww!), that lasted all of 10 seconds and then she decides it's a much better idea to lay at the bottom with her heavy front legs splatted right across mine! I suppose that was to stop me making a gettaway during the night without her!

Feel sick this morning, but that's what happens when I'm really worried, bit shaky too, which is unlike me, but I must soldier on. I have lots of phone calls to do, so I think I'll get these dogs out a.s.a.p so I can be back for when the garage opens and speak to the guy now in charge. Thank goodness Dave got this brilliant new technician in a few months ago, he's more than capable of running the show up there, so I'm not bothered how long they keep Dave in there, but of course, I'd rather he come back out today with a migraine!!!

Azz, I don't know about this spinal tap, but thankyou Sarah, I'm going to have to spend some time on Google this morning and frighten myself even more now aren't I!

Bev2, oh you did make me smile last night with that offer of coming down to polish my shoes etc. just when I was feeling so low If you'd have seen the state of me traipsing to and fro to that hospital last night you wouldn't have believed it was Hyacinth, in cut offs a dirty white t shirt (coz I'd walked Zena in it and rubbed the ball on it lol!), matted hair tucked behind my ears, oh it wasn't a good look mate!!!

I'm so sorry to see that about your poor dad Sarah, let's hope he comes out soon. A friend of mine who was only 40 had a brain bleed, thankfully, due to her exceptionally gobby husband, he got her scanned that same night, she was rushed off to the neurological hospital, operated on, and whilst they were operating one one side, she had a bleed on the other I think she was in there 6 months in all, but she is absolutely FINE now, I walk the dogs with her sometimes, she's totally back to normal. I remember my old mum saying bleeds on the brain, you can be gone in seconds usually, so we're both very lucky aren't we.

Anyhoo, thanks a million to each and everyone of you for your kind thoughts, hugs, and comforting messages of support. I'll post up later when I have some news from the hospital which hopefully might even be GOOD, especially with the Dogsey vibes on their way, never fails! I must stay upbeat, it's the only way I'll cope, otherwise I just fall to pieces I'm afraid. Thank goodness I have these dogs to take my mind off the serious stuff if only briefly.xxxxxx
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

28-07-2011, 06:54 AM
(((Hugs))). Hoping there will be some more information later for you both and when you feel up to it us too.

Try to take care of yourself too for Dave and the dogs as much as yourself.

Xxx
Rubster
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-07-2011, 06:55 AM
Oh Mrs B, I hve everything crossed here for you today. Lets hope all these results show nothing more than a bad migrain.

Don't forget to eat , keep your strength up & have a shower you dirty mare

Thinking of you both xxxxx
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-07-2011, 07:02 AM
Thanks Lynn and Bev, and lol at you there Bev, but think of those poor Doctors coz Dave hasn't had a shower since he came home from work 2 nights ago I've only gone the one night!

Just rung the hospital, he's still the same this morning waiting for the doctor's, and that spinal tap, and she said not to go in this morning (understandable, event though they don't know me yet lol!), and there won't be any news until 3.00 pm so no point ringing either Why are phone calls always scheduled during my nanny nap then??!! Dave's mobile is switched off, but I asked her if she could tell him to please switch it on, and even though he's deaf and won't hear me very well on it, at least he'll know I care won't he!

Better have that shower then and get me a*se into gear
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

28-07-2011, 07:05 AM
A long day ahead then. Thinking of you both.

X
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-07-2011, 07:13 AM
Hang on in there H. It sounds like he`s getting excellent care. I assume the spinal tap is to rule out meningitis? Praying for you both.
X
Page 4 of 14 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »