View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-07-2011, 08:53 PM
Thankyou all soooooo very much, I need you to keep me going here!!

Just rung the hospital, aftger I changed his bed and sorted the dogs out and had somethig t eat and his lovely nurse has just told me that he's just had his scan (blimey, that's a result!!!), and then she said he will be having a lumbar puncture and more bloods, so he won't be discharged until they've got it all together.

Sorry about the typo's but I'm shaking a tad here as you can well imagine. I've got to calm myself down and get dressed again and get in the car and take his dressing gown and some bits and give him a goodnight kiss otherwise he'll feel like the dogs are more important than him *(they are of course!! Nah only joking!).

thanks again everybody, you're always here for me when I need you and boy do I need you tonight! Never in a million years would I have thought I'd be in a positin like this when it's me who has the heart problems etc. Dave is never ill, except for his migraines. Either way, finger's crossed this is not what they suspect, but then why do all these tests and a lumbar puncture if they didn't strongly suspect one! At my wit's end, but I'll cope as I always do. Wish I could take Zena down there with me, but don't think they'd allow that, and if I left her in the car, then I'd worry she'd get stolen! I'm sleeping downstairs tonight when I get back so I'm with them coz they must wonder what on earth is going on, but they're both fine and sleepy now.

Speak later then when I know more, and many thanks once again for your fantastic support as always.xxxxxx
Heather and Zak
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-07-2011, 09:04 PM
I am sure Dave will appreciate a goodnight kiss as I expect he is a little scared himself bless him. Hope you get some good news tomorrow. x x x
Rubster
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-07-2011, 09:14 PM
Oh my lordy Mrs B!!! What on earth is going on?!?!

Only just seen this, bet you are beside yourself At least Dave is in the right place & it sounds like hes getting his own proper MOT done which is the main thing right now.

Alot easier said than done but try & stay calm hun.

Am only bout 100 mile from you, if theres anything you need...shoes polished, plants watered, cakes baked...lemme know & am there

Sending get well vibes to Dave..thinking of you both xxxxxx
Gellygoo
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-07-2011, 09:35 PM
So sorry that Dave's not so well. As has been said, he's in the best place to get sorted speedily. Will keep everything crossed that he's soon back to his usual self. Look after yourself as well as Dave, H. Will be thinking of you both, x
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

27-07-2011, 09:36 PM
Oh Helena I am so sorry just logged on after coming back from a bite to eat at the local.

Everything crossed for Dave and loads of big (((hugs))) for you. I do wish I was nearer I could come and look after the dogs for you and help you.

Xx
Northernsoulgirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-07-2011, 09:39 PM
Have only just read this, am so sorry to hear he is going through this. Must be very scarey for him bless him. At least going in like this ensures that he gets the tests etc. done straight away and then the appropriate treatment meted out. You must be worried sick but as the others have said he is in the best place at the moment. Will be thinking of you tonight downstairs with the fluffies, try and get some sleep, it won't do anyone any good you keeling over tomorrow. Sending hugs to you all. xxxxx Gill
footsieG
Dogsey Senior
Female 

27-07-2011, 10:31 PM
Just logged on to check how things are going, see you are online, so you must have been and given Dave his goodnight kiss, love that, and I am sure he needed it, he is probably feeling a little shocked at all this attention. Hope the results come back better than suggested tomorrow. Try and get some sleep, you will be no good to man nor dogs without that. Big huggs from Kyesh, Jaz and Me Gayle. Night Night. Everyone.
lynnb
Dogsey Senior
Female 

27-07-2011, 11:20 PM
Gosh H you've had your fair share this week, sending healing vibes to you all and hope dave feels better very soon.
Azz
Administrator
Male 

28-07-2011, 12:41 AM
Poor Dave - keeping everything crossed for you guys, and make sure you take it easy too (make sure you eat healthy and drink plenty of water - it helps).

Did they say why they want to do the lumber puncher?

Hope all goes well tomorrow xx
sarah1983
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-07-2011, 12:50 AM
I'm so sorry you're going through this. My dad collapsed a month ago and was rushed to hospital where they found he had a bleed on the brain. He's still in hospital at the moment. Hopefully Daves isn't anywhere near as serious and he's back home with you very soon!

Did they say why they want to do the lumber puncher?
It's one of the things they can use to rule out or confirm bleeding to the brain.
Page 3 of 14 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 > Last »