Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-04-2011, 01:42 PM

Started whistle training

well seing as i quite fancy a gundog as my next dog, i wondered what daph and asbo would be like with whistel training was even tempted to pick up a small dummy to see if i could get asbo to retrieve

but ive bought the whistle and started with step one, letting the dog learn the sound of the whistle means a nice tasty treat asbo got the hang of it straight away, but hes a bin and will do anything for a bit of food daphni is a bit more stubborn so ive had to use higher value treats for her, shes getting there, slower than asbo but shes learning. wish me luck
tink
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-04-2011, 01:51 PM
Ooo good luck with it,I was thinking of trying that with bea,Keep us updated
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-04-2011, 01:56 PM
haha just realised i havent even spelt whistle properly!!
tink
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-04-2011, 02:13 PM
I didn't like to say
emma47
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-04-2011, 10:34 PM
Good luck with the training I'm so glad i trained Ted to recall to the whistle he responds so much better to it than my voice. I've just been away at the beach for a few days and the whistle travels a much longer distance than my voice and Ted came back straight away 99% of the time which is great in the dunes when he disappears after rabbits Although i did end up with a second dog one time
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-04-2011, 08:12 AM
well ive been practicing. and both dogs will now recall to the whistle. obviously we are still working on it. but they know that the four whistle blows means come to me and get a treat

i tried it yesterday on a walk and they came back to the whistle the majority of the time, when they didnt come straight away, i just called their name then blew it again as they were running towards me. they need a bit more practice but they should be near perfect soon
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-04-2011, 08:33 AM
This is odd - I'm looking into both gundogs and a CC for my next dog - hmmm it's like we're swapping.
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-04-2011, 08:39 AM
Originally Posted by SLB View Post
This is odd - I'm looking into both gundogs and a CC for my next dog - hmmm it's like we're swapping.
lol we can swap take asbo any time im just kidding, he may drive me mad at times, but i wouldnt swap him for the world to be honest i dont see my CCs as a toy breed. theyre pretty hardy little dogs, and werent meant to be the lapdogs that other toy breeds are. yeah they will definately be up for a cuddle but they wont want to sit there all day, they need to be out having a run and finding disgusting things to eat and roll in
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-04-2011, 09:18 AM
Originally Posted by x-clo-x View Post
lol we can swap take asbo any time im just kidding, he may drive me mad at times, but i wouldnt swap him for the world to be honest i dont see my CCs as a toy breed. theyre pretty hardy little dogs, and werent meant to be the lapdogs that other toy breeds are. yeah they will definately be up for a cuddle but they wont want to sit there all day, they need to be out having a run and finding disgusting things to eat and roll in
I was going to say we'll swap for a couple of days - a taste of a gundog (albeit cross) and I'll have a taste of what it's like to live with a CC Louie would never allow it!

He also got beat up by Ludi yesterday (pictures in picture section)
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-04-2011, 09:29 AM
Originally Posted by SLB View Post
I was going to say we'll swap for a couple of days - a taste of a gundog (albeit cross) and I'll have a taste of what it's like to live with a CC Louie would never allow it!

He also got beat up by Ludi yesterday (pictures in picture section)
hehe i saw the pictures, cresties certainly arent wimpy dogs, give as good as they get