Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-03-2011, 06:44 PM

"The whole pet diet" by Andi Brown

I bought this as a guide really, just more curiosity than anything. But for those of you with dogs with problems, health wise - I would advise you to get the book - it is very insightful. It has recipes of home cooked holistic meals that would have been prepared 40 - 50 + years ago that would've been fed as scraps for dogs and cats - of which there was much less disease and problems in animals.

It also gives recipes for good coat care and eye and ear care etc. Using natural ingredients and incorporating views of both raw and cooked foods for dogs as well as the history of foods and the modern day dog foods - both dry and wet. Overall a good book but only if you are interested and have the time too cook for your pets everyday or once a week with plenty of space in the fridge or freezer.
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-03-2011, 06:52 PM
I've got a similar book about home-cooked food which I do for Cherry and Parker about 50% of the time. They do really enjoy the food then and it is easy to cook as things are jsut bunged in the slow-cooker and then my husband comes along and thinks he's missing out and says "I'll have what they're having"!

I did try them with raw but Cherry didn't enjoy it at all and I can't do 2 different meals for them as it's bad enough doing 2 different meals for me and Jamie as I'm vegetarian and he's not!
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-03-2011, 06:57 PM
Originally Posted by Kerryowner View Post
I've got a similar book about home-cooked food which I do for Cherry and Parker about 50% of the time. They do really enjoy the food then and it is easy to cook as things are jsut bunged in the slow-cooker and then my husband comes along and thinks he's missing out and says "I'll have what they're having"!

I did try them with raw but Cherry didn't enjoy it at all and I can't do 2 different meals for them as it's bad enough doing 2 different meals for me and Jamie as I'm vegetarian and he's not!
There's a recipe called Spots Chicken Stew - you could cook that for both your dogs and your Hubby