Our sister sites
Our sister sites
abbie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-03-2011, 07:36 PM

Our new holiday home :-)

We got the keys this weekend

Its about 2 1/2 hours from where we live and our training club is held at the campsite. Hence the caravan

Since last summer we have either been travelling for the day or staying in a small touring caravan for the weekend.

It had a water leak over the winter and needed new floors in the entrance and bathroom. This is now done. Hopefully within a few weeks it will be all cleaned out, repairs done and ready to move in

Pics taken the day we got the keys

spockky boy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-03-2011, 07:47 PM
Looks like a nice caravan!

One day I would like to have a holiday home. That is if I win the lottery to pay for it!
kate_7590
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-03-2011, 01:25 PM
Awesome! Id love to have a holiday home.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-03-2011, 01:42 PM
Oooooh lovely, I've got one too, but it's in 250 acres of forest in St. Leonards on Sea, only had it a year but we don't use it ourselves coz hubby doesn't like "camping with the dogs", so I now let it out, and have to say, it's almost fully booked now for the whole of this year! Will you be using yours or letting it out to pay some of the exhorbitent plot rental! Ours is over £3K a year just for our plot! Expensive hobby isn't it! Enjoy yours, it's nice if you can get away a lot, it warrants the fees if you can.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-03-2011, 02:04 PM
You'll have that in top shape in n time, looks a really good size too. Super!!
abbie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-03-2011, 09:40 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Oooooh lovely, I've got one too, but it's in 250 acres of forest in St. Leonards on Sea, only had it a year but we don't use it ourselves coz hubby doesn't like "camping with the dogs", so I now let it out, and have to say, it's almost fully booked now for the whole of this year! Will you be using yours or letting it out to pay some of the exhorbitent plot rental! Ours is over £3K a year just for our plot! Expensive hobby isn't it! Enjoy yours, it's nice if you can get away a lot, it warrants the fees if you can.
Thanks everyone

Helena I saw the pics of yours it looks lovely. We are not planning on renting it out, although of course it would always be an option in the future. The ground rent on ours is €1200 per year. This is less than we are paying now to stay in the touring caravan as they charge you a monthly fee for leaving it there plus per person per night when there. We are there virtually every weekend anyway as we train there. Also as most of the shows are in Dublin its alot easier to travel from Co Kildare than it is from here.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-03-2011, 05:45 PM
How exciting, more like a 2nd home than a holiday home.