View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-04-2004, 07:15 AM
Can understand why general rescue societies are careful that any dog they re-home will not be used for breeding or become anything but a family pet. On the other hand I think that breed rescue people could be a little more relaxed and if they have a nice dog/hound looking for a new home they should consider leaving the dog intact and letting it go to a show home, providing they are confident that it is the right home.

Some breeds are not that thick on the ground and can’t really do with losing a good example from the breed gene pool, sometimes, of course, the background of the dog is not know and in that case there is nothing that can be done.
Joe
Dogsey Senior
Male 

25-04-2004, 07:47 PM
He was shown in a previous life but he shows off enough now without putting him in the ring. I was happy to take the restriction to have him :smt052
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-04-2004, 07:11 AM
Sure you were Joe, but there are not that many decent WH's about and it seems a shame that Norman is tucked away in your home and only you have the pleasure of seeing him. Just had a thought, perhaps you could open you home to the public on high days and holidays and offer a tour around Norman for a small sum of money with a cup of tea and a bickie that I am sure your Mum would be pleased to supply. :smt004
Joe
Dogsey Senior
Male 

26-04-2004, 06:38 PM
Mother doesn't drive so don't know how happy she'd be coming here. I can make tea though. And I can buy biscuits too.

Ok, starting next month. £3 for a look. £5 if you want to touch him. £10 for him to sit on your knee. £6 surcharge if he pumps :smt023
Roxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

26-04-2004, 08:24 PM
Have you got a booking form and how much do you charge for BnB. (Full English with Earl Grey). Also do we get to go to your local with you and take photos.
dizzy
Dogsey Senior
Female 

27-04-2004, 08:10 PM
i cant go to it---i got the cc & bob before from the judge :smt009 but im gutted cos the group judge is frank kane and i know he likes her---he gave her a best in show-and also gave her the champion stakes 1st at buba ,

theres a few shows thats going to happen at this year :smt017 - but hopefully ill have a puppy out soon that can go to the shows with judges i cant take casey back under

:smt081
dizzy
Dogsey Senior
Female 

27-04-2004, 08:11 PM
oh and joe--was norman owned by a couple whhere the lady was very small---and the man a lot younger ????
Sandra
Dogsey Junior

28-04-2004, 08:14 AM
Dizzy

I thought you could still show under a judge that had already given you a CC, it just didn't count towards a champion's 3 CC's.

Not that I am doubting you, I just wasn't aware that you couldn't.

Sandra
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-04-2004, 08:20 AM
You are right you can, but in some breeds it is not considered good form to put your champion under a judge that has already given a CC to them as it is seen as spoiling the chances of others, also if they don't give you the CC but give it to someone you beat before you start to wonder what has changed and if your dog is going over it's best.

Would think Dizzy has enough hassel without inviting it by entering under the judge again, but I guess she will speak for herself.
Sandra
Dogsey Junior

28-04-2004, 11:24 AM
Oh I see, it could be a way to go forward to the group judge though knowing he likes her.
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >