View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-02-2011, 05:01 PM
After reading about all your efforts, I just want to pop in to give you my experience.

Before I got Zena I weighed in at 11st 7lb which had all piled on since I lost Cassie because Georgie only went on the green in the mornings, he plodded about whilst I stood and chatted. However, since getting Zena, I have walked, and walked and walked my blooming socks off (case of having to ), and although my eating habits haven't changed, coz I will eat a roast dinner almost every day (because I can!) and my weight is, and has been down to 10 stone for the past year (I'm tall though at 5ft 7" so now a size 12 or even 10!), and all because....... I walk, I walk fast and I walk UPhill most of the time (case of having to lol!).

Hubby has been eating salad every week-day since January 1st, with Ryevita for lunch and he works a long, hard day, and he's 6ft 2", but he has only lost 7lbs in two months! He keeps asking me how I do it, when I sit in front of the telly in the evenings eating a big bag of chocolate buttons or maltesers or one of Morrison's cream muffins (ooops sorry folks! ), so I can ONLY say it's all this walking I do now, coz my eating hasn't changed one bit!

So in my experience, having been 8 stone most of my entire life until I got up to 11 1/2 stone, it's not what you eat, but it's the amount of whatever it is (portion control!), and exercise is the biggest key it really is, I am living proof!

Mind you, when I say walk, I mean lots of it, I do an hour first thing, then 40 mins 2nd walk, sometimes 3, and that's 7 days a week without fail, and if you can find a regime that you get up half an hour earlier and walk off some of yesterday's food, it's gotta be the answer Add that lot up over a week and I'm walking constantly, for over 14 hours a week The downside is, I can hardly walk anymore coz my legs ache so much and my hips are getting quite painful, so much for their claims that exercise is good for you

Good luck, but if you can try my little tip, it will pay off over time, like 2 years!
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-02-2011, 09:44 PM
Well I fell off the wagon (sort of, I'm still in points) today and I feel ****, BUT I'm not too worried as will get back on tomorrow.

Eat less, exercise more is absolute key. It's the eating less part I've always struggled with, hence why I'm doing WW online. measuring everything is a bum but eventually I hope it will become second nature.

Oh and I wore a new pair of jeans today that were the size down from 3 weeks ago ;o)
Rookgeordiegirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-02-2011, 06:24 AM
Dont worry I'm sure you will be fine I have had weeks in the past where I havnt lost or even put on...........Its my weigh in today I have lost 161/2 lbs in just over5wks it cant go on at this rate so I am truly expecting this week to have lost sod all!!!!!!!!
Watch this space
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-02-2011, 08:18 AM
Good luck, hoping for some god news for you! ;o)
Fernsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-02-2011, 08:23 AM
I was away for the weekend and I was tempted to eat more than I should have . So my weight loss stayed the same , no loss or gain . I was quite pleased , at least there was no gain .
Have just read if you stand under a cold shower for 2 mins you will burn 100 calories !
Brrrrrrrrrrrrr don't know if I could
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-02-2011, 09:05 AM
Originally Posted by Pidge View Post
Well I fell off the wagon (sort of, I'm still in points) today and I feel ****, BUT I'm not too worried as will get back on tomorrow.

Eat less, exercise more is absolute key. It's the eating less part I've always struggled with, hence why I'm doing WW online. measuring everything is a bum but eventually I hope it will become second nature.

Oh and I wore a new pair of jeans today that were the size down from 3 weeks ago ;o)
Well done on the jeans, I am enjoying fitting into clothes I haven't seen for years! It is just a shame that along with the floppy clothes I have floppy bits on my body now

Keep at it.

rune
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-02-2011, 09:07 AM
Originally Posted by Fernsmum View Post
I was away for the weekend and I was tempted to eat more than I should have . So my weight loss stayed the same , no loss or gain . I was quite pleased , at least there was no gain .
Have just read if you stand under a cold shower for 2 mins you will burn 100 calories !
Brrrrrrrrrrrrr don't know if I could
I havea day off a week anyway and then if there is a special occassion I eat as well. You can't be too strict if you want it to eventually be a life style and you never want to go back to eating everything in sight!

rune
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-02-2011, 09:12 AM
Originally Posted by Fudgeley View Post
I am hovering on the brink here. I really need to lose some weight(lots) but hate the fixed regime of points and all the food obsessions that it brings......I haven't weighted myself in over a year and that in itself is a very scary thought!

I am tempted by ww online and have an offer that effectively gives me no joining fee and three months free.....I know it works as I was a gold member many years ago but know how much hard work it entails once I make that step....

HELP!!!!!!!!
Do what I am doing. I don't weigh unless I go to my friends house (boxing day was last time), I eat roughly between 6/700 calories a meal with just a banana for breakfast. Most food is fruit or veg and mainly prawns and some cold meat and eggs with salads. Lamb shank (microwaveable) with loads of cabbage etc, fish pies with loads of veg, NO pasta, butter, rice, bread very little potato. Shape toffee yoghurt if I crave sweetness and sugar in strong coffee after dog walking.

Saturdays is free day. It is working like a dream.

rune
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-02-2011, 10:41 AM
OK....today I took the first step and weighed myself for the first time in a long time. I am in shock and this has definitely given me the push needed to do something about it. I have a LOT to lose and I HAVE to do this before I have serious health issues.
Rookgeordiegirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-02-2011, 10:49 AM
well just got back....as predicted i stayed the same, but i'm not disappointed
Page 6 of 13 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 > Last »