View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-01-2011, 04:37 PM

'Is this 4ft beast proof that foxes are getting bigger? Cat-killer trapped by vet'.

Weighing almost two stone and measuring four feet from his nose to the tip of his tail, this is thought to be the biggest fox ever found in Britain.

Twice the normal size of the species, it was trapped and killed in a garden in the South East after apparently devouring a pet cat.

The discovery has fuelled fears that urban foxes are hunting new prey after getting bigger and bolder as they gorge themselves on leftovers, including treats put out for them by animal lovers.
*Link contains pictures of dead animals*.

Read more:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...apped-vet.html
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-01-2011, 04:41 PM
Foxes attack pet cats all the time.
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-01-2011, 04:44 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
I know!
- seems the competition is now on to find the biggest fox
http://www.fieldsportschannel.tv/ind...-biggest-foxes
TomtheLurcher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-01-2011, 04:45 PM
Thats one big fox tho , we get a lot of them here but not that big !
boredinstroud
Dogsey Junior
Female 

03-01-2011, 04:47 PM
Bloody Daily Mail stirring again - they like to keep their readers in a state of fear. Just love some of these quotes:

'If it took a cat who's to say it wasn't on the path to taking a child'

Indeed, who's to say it wasn't on the path to take over the whole of the UK. Single pawed-ly

‘I’m not against foxes, I think everything in nature has a place. But there is a limit and when something like that happens and they start eating cats, it probably tells you that the balance of nature has been upset by humans feeding them and that it’s time for controls to come in.’

So keeping cats = balance of nature but a fox which has evolved naturally isn't? Don't get me wrong, I'd be gutted if a fox killed my lovely cat but that is, unfortunately nature - just as large numbers of our native baby birds and veterans are killed by pet cats.

GIPSY ASYLUM SEEKING FOXS MAIM CHILDREN AND CAUSE HOUSE PRICES TO CRASH! (you heard it here first)
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-01-2011, 05:33 PM
Originally Posted by boredinstroud View Post
Bloody Daily Mail stirring again - they like to keep their readers in a state of fear. Just love some of these quotes:

'If it took a cat who's to say it wasn't on the path to taking a child'

Indeed, who's to say it wasn't on the path to take over the whole of the UK. Single pawed-ly

‘I’m not against foxes, I think everything in nature has a place. But there is a limit and when something like that happens and they start eating cats, it probably tells you that the balance of nature has been upset by humans feeding them and that it’s time for controls to come in.’

So keeping cats = balance of nature but a fox which has evolved naturally isn't? Don't get me wrong, I'd be gutted if a fox killed my lovely cat but that is, unfortunately nature - just as large numbers of our native baby birds and veterans are killed by pet cats.

GIPSY ASYLUM SEEKING FOXS MAIM CHILDREN AND CAUSE HOUSE PRICES TO CRASH! (you heard it here first)
*giggles*

How many other animals have evolved and got bigger - aren't we a species that got bigger over the years...?

Any animal can attack a child - I remember a story of a rogue squirrel that latched onto a child - I wouldn't walk under trees for a month!

My rabbit could be took by a fox or a hawk or anything - I ain't going to trap or shoot whichever one I catch first and shoot it...that's silly thinking - "Oh no I've been trapped - it must have been for eating that bunny last week - they're gunna shoot me!" wait isn't fox hunting banned? Or is that just the use of dogs? Trapping and shooting is still legal?
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-01-2011, 05:35 PM
He killed two foxes - and then claimed out of the two he thinks this big one attacked the cat.
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-01-2011, 05:38 PM
ffs!!

makes me sad...its nothing new..foxes and cats either get on or are mortal enemy's..usually over food.
..something peculiar to 'london' foxes is decapitation

btw i love foxes..and cats ,the former are our natural wildlife and deserve their place...the latter can also push its luck too.
Loki's mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-01-2011, 05:50 PM
I couldn't imagine my seven year old child standing next to a dead fox on a meat hook smiling. What is this world coming too? If people feed foxes aren't they less likely to hunt, not more likely? We used to have rabbits and foxes in our local park but two years ago they all disappeared. Some dead wildlife was found. It's thought they were all poisoned. I'm sure someone is very proud of themself for that. A 19 year old cat is no match for a young fit hungry fox, and they knew a fox had been stalking the cat, so why didn't they bring her in?
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-01-2011, 06:03 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
...and yet our local foxes lie on the green sunbathing with the local pet cats alongside them......

Go figure.....
Page 1 of 37 1 2 3 4 11 > Last »