View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
jols
Dogsey Junior
Female 

03-11-2010, 06:30 PM
Each to their own I suppose but you do know christmas is coming it is the same time every year....
Kicks
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-11-2010, 06:36 PM
Jols, I really do think you're out of order. SLB has more than explained that she simply doesn't have the money. Your attitude isn't helping. I'm sure she feels bad enough without you making snide comments.
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-11-2010, 06:38 PM
Originally Posted by jols View Post
Each to their own I suppose but you do know christmas is coming it is the same time every year....
....and...?

Not everyone gives, or expects to receive something!

I for one won't be 'doing' x-mas this year tbh. Most likely will be in hospital - yes, I could do shopping now (of course, I know xmas is coming), but I have other things on my mind.

SLB - Not sure what your sister is like.....but how about some home made 'vouchers' for services....pledge to babysit, or do the ironing, or cook a meal etc etc.
This type of thing often goes down well!
jols
Dogsey Junior
Female 

03-11-2010, 06:40 PM
ok sorry,but dont write things on here if you dont want honest replies.
krlyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-11-2010, 06:44 PM
Originally Posted by jols View Post
So SLB should magic up some money then? Maybe you need to tell that genie what time of year it is, send them my way too if you can
jols
Dogsey Junior
Female 

03-11-2010, 07:34 PM
mmmmmmmmmmmmm £1 a week since jan = £50 ish.

small pressie for people = 10 pressies.

£2 a week = 20 pressies
krlyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-11-2010, 07:39 PM
£1 a week or £50 in one go, it would still be money borrowed off her family which SLB doesn't want to do. Why borrow money off someone to buy them a present, let them keep their money and buy stuff they really need. My brother had no job last Christmas and none of us expected him to magic up money to get us presents.
jols
Dogsey Junior
Female 

03-11-2010, 07:48 PM
So she does not get any money from anywhere. [benefits?] How do the three dogs eat then? insurance, vet bills etc

I am going to bow out here as it really makes no difference to me if the op buys pressies or not............
mattsgal
Dogsey Junior
Female 

03-11-2010, 08:01 PM
you cant spend what you havent got, and christmas is only one day out of the year. people should be more understanding and to `expect` a gift sort of stops it being a gift anyway. hope you feel better after your rant i always do lol .
spockky boy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-11-2010, 08:07 PM
I completely understand how you feel being tight for money.

Most of this year I haven't been able to work. Now I am working but only part time. Between now and Christmas I have to find over £1k for my horse (livery/feed/bedding) and car insurance and tax! Aswell as finding money for rent/food and petrol money.

This christmas I am not sure whether I can afford to buy any presents. My bf thankfully understands and isn't expecting anything. I can't even afford to buy my 14year old brother anything either

The idea about the name plate is good though I like that!
Page 2 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »