Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Krusewalker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

06-11-2010, 02:02 PM
Originally Posted by Northernsoulgirl View Post
KW- I'm at a loss to understand why you bother to participate in such a lowly activity as posting on this forum. You seem to have a great deal to say about almost everything and as you are one of the most opinionated people around here I would guess you are in the John Gaunt category but with superior vocabulary.
someone said that to me earlier.
like i said to them, i havent said anything about posting on this forum, nor giving opinions on this forum.

that isnt what my posts have been about.

i am a regular on here, others can tell you i participate in this forum for the constructive purposes its intended, and therein lays my point.

i often get rep points for my observations.

as far as im aware (although i cant remember yourself very well, my apologies), you do the same.
thus, i havent been referring to people like yourself.

also, most people would tell you i dont spread myself wide as regards the topics, i tend to focus mostly on current affairs and dog behaviour.
however, i do stand up and be counted by commenting if someone is rude or judgemental, thats true.

i agree that it is a contradiction that i am 'doing a john gaunt' to complain about the 'john gaunt mentality', but i addressed the rationale behind that move earlier.

john gaunt himself is a very boorish unimaginative unsubtle man, and i find people of his ilk equally so, and not very empathetic, sympathetic, creative, self aware, or appreciative of the nuances of life.

too many people walk in his stead in today's society.
having grown up in NZ, i do note the strong british cultural trait to be 'opinionated'.

the world is too angry. and cynicism seems to be a trendy modern british trait as well.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

06-11-2010, 02:25 PM
Originally Posted by Krusewalker
it has to be said, dogsey does tend to fall into the "opinions are like *******s, everyone has got one" brigade.

you tend to get 2 types on here:
the John Gaunt/Richard Littejohn 'look at me, arent I controversial, I opinionate loud and proud, arent I big and clever' types.

and the handbagging housewives whom also want to opinionate, nay, that should be, moralise, about anyone and anything. the bored housewives' modern mary whitehouses.neither can really make claim to originality, creativity, and contemplation. if subtlety hit them over the head with a hammer, they still wouldnt notice it.

for them, opinions are like prozac, once they stop taking them, they dont have any personality left.

beforehand all they had was letters to the Daily Mail, Sunday church, and the back of cabs and pubs.

god, now they have the internet.

God save us all, the insufferable bores will inherit the earth.

like i always say, why would you want to put your personal affairs on the net?
you dont attract feedback, you just attract the lowest common denominator.
your life is for friends and family.
forums, when used for that manner, are just tabloids

Argh KW, you forgot the third type.

The strutting male with his superior attitude preening his feathers, in front of all those bored housewives on Prozac
Krusewalker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

06-11-2010, 03:29 PM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post

The strutting male with his superior attitude preening his feathers, in front of all those bored housewives on Prozac
touche
greyhoundk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-11-2010, 03:49 PM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post

Ha ha genius
Krusewalker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

06-11-2010, 04:03 PM
Originally Posted by greyhoundk View Post
Ha ha genius
i second that emotion!
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-11-2010, 04:22 PM
Sort of missed on most of this thread but I frequent boot sales and you can get amazing bargains especially for little people. Toys can be Miltoned to sterilize them and clothes are often presented brilliantly anyway and are often £1 or less an item.

Certainly worth a look and are still going on outside and in. Great stuff for dogs as well---especially if they like stuffed toys.

As for characteristics of internet users----its like life and everyone is different.

rune
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-11-2010, 04:29 PM
Originally Posted by rune View Post
Sort of missed on most of this thread but I frequent boot sales and you can get amazing bargains especially for little people. Toys can be Miltoned to sterilize them and clothes are often presented brilliantly anyway and are often £1 or less an item.

Certainly worth a look and are still going on outside and in. Great stuff for dogs as well---especially if they like stuffed toys.

As for characteristics of internet users----its like life and everyone is different.

rune
Thanks Rune I dont think they'll be many car boot sales now winter's on it's way though, I'll keep an eye out and also bear it in mind for next year
angied
Dogsey Senior
Female 

07-11-2010, 10:11 AM
if car boots arent on then try freecycle! they have clothes and toys people want to give away and if they are in great cond theres no problem
Page 12 of 12 « First < 2 9 10 11 12