03-11-2010, 12:55 PM

Had enough of my sister

GRRR she is so annoying sometimes.

Quick family tree:
Bev - older sister
Stew - her OH
Maya - my neice
Adie - my OH

Since she had my neice 3 months ago she's been dictating everything that happens with her and fair enough, it's her daughter, but when I suggested that since I cant really afford to buy Maya something for christmas (as I'd have to buy everybody else something) I got to thinking. Why dont I get some pro. photos done by mine and Adie's friend who does photos professionally and very good quality and that we'd all put to it - those who were going in the picture/those who wanted to put in as it was a present.

So whilst out shopping I suggested it to Adie, then he said why dont you get your mum and dad in on it as Stew's mum and dad have had pictures done with Maya. So I rang my mum and dad up and they thought it was a really good idea - so all I needed to do now was suggest it to Bev, of course being as annoying as she is, she wanted to know how much it would cost etc, because Stew's parents paid for their pictures. She then rang me up the next day and asked who's present it would be if everyone was putting too. Urm, Bev, it would be yours and Maya's because neither of you have a picture of Maya with Mum and dad and it would be mum and dad's also as they havent got a picture of her either?

And whats really p***ed me off is that her reply to that was "I'll see what Stew thinks?"

I'm sorry just because you've been asked to put in for a christmas present to yourself, your daughter and your parents you have to run it by Stew? Ok so he is her dad but surely my parents can have a photo done professionally with Maya also?

But if she says it's too dear when my friend emails me the prices I'm just going to say that Maya isnt getting a Christmas present - She's 3 MONTHs old, if I get her something she wont know about it or appricate it, I didnt have christmas presents or first birthday presents (Just nappies and other things to help my mum out - I was born 27th nov so I dont think I could have expected presents lol)

Basically this is a rant and I know some of you will not agree with what I've said and some will. I just needed to get it off my chest really
krlyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-11-2010, 01:06 PM
I'm a bit confused. Were you asking your sister to pay towards a Christmas present from you, for Maya?
With a 3 month old, I imagine lots of your sister's money is going towards baby stuff so maybe she's being genuine in being concerned about it being too dear, rather than trying to be annoying. Why not make Maya a little keepsake present if money is tight? Handmade stuff doesn't have to cost a lot to make and the thought is often much more valuable. A homemade teddy, if you can sew - it doesn't have to be up to surviving a baby's curious hands, it could go on a shelf for her to appreciate when she's older, or paint some wooden letters to go in the nursery/her bedroom - you can get them on Ebay for about 99p a letter (handy that she's got a short name! and get some tester pots of paint from Homebase, and voila, a thoughtful present. I made these for under a tenner and still had loads of the paint left over to use for other stuff
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-11-2010, 03:58 PM
Wow thats a great Idea I never thought about that, thanks for the idea
jols
Dogsey Junior
Female 

03-11-2010, 05:40 PM
so you can buy everybody else a pressie but not your neice...poor little thing.
Kicks
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-11-2010, 05:48 PM
I really like the letters idea x
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-11-2010, 05:55 PM
Originally Posted by jols View Post
SLB actually said she WASN'T buying anyone a present, but if she bought one for her niece - she would have to buy one for everyone.
Kicks
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-11-2010, 05:57 PM
Just a thought, but when I was stretched for cash I only bought children and everyone else was very understanding about it (I warned them in advance ). I suppose that depends on how understanding your family are though x
jols
Dogsey Junior
Female 

03-11-2010, 06:02 PM
Sorry I misread that.................still think its tight though..............
Kicks
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-11-2010, 06:08 PM
If you haven't got the money then you can't spend it. It's not a nice position for anyone to be in.

x
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-11-2010, 06:08 PM
Originally Posted by jols View Post
I never said that - no one was getting presents this year?
I cant afford it, I have no job so I cant even get the dogs anything and any money I save up through my parents is going towards my new house of which I cant move into until I get a job. So I dont understand where you got that from.

And Kicks, I told my sister I couldnt afford Christmas and she was like yeaah but you can buy Maya something and I was like well I cant cos then everyone else has to get something then. And she just totally didnt understand that I couldnt afford it even though she knows everything.

At the moment anything I'm buying is out of my parents money, OH's (just bones for the dogs though - wouldnt expect him to buy everything) and my soon-to-be-in-laws. All of which I intend to pay back and I cant expect them to buy presents for my friends, family and themselves at all.

If I had the money I would spoil her rotten - but I dont
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 11 > Last »