View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-02-2011, 09:41 PM
You're not planning on trying to sell the high chair afterwards then?
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-02-2011, 09:53 PM
Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
You're not planning on trying to sell the high chair afterwards then?
the beauty of the £11 ikea highchair!!!
hose it down after every meal LOL LOL
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-02-2011, 10:10 PM
Originally Posted by Brundog View Post
the beauty of the £11 ikea highchair!!!
hose it down after every meal LOL LOL
I went to eBay. I bought two!
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

09-03-2011, 10:59 PM
How did the BLW go in the end?

I'm at the 6 month stage now with Michael and although I started solids early, I've been 'advised' that I should really go for it now and give loads of food, reduce milk and hopefully improve the reflux. The health visitor got really enthusiastic about Weetabix, baked beans and eggs.
Hi LS it's going really well nothing containing salt or sugar but just about everything else. The twins health visitor doesn't understand the concept.
Originally Posted by Brundog View Post
hope you dont mind me hijacking this Mini, but thought I would show my baby led baby doing what she does !!!!

She loves her grubs and is managing perfectly with this and will just munch on things as much as she can.
So far she has had banana, pear, fish, turkey, chicken, chips, pizza, peppers, cucumber, broccoli, peas, sugar snap peas, carrots, strawberries

she will take anything from you and straight in her mouth and i WISH I had done this with Luca as its so easy.. nO pureeing and worrying about heating food up when out etc..
although very messy as she INSISTS on doing everything herself...

Lovely to see Lola Dani

The biggest drawback is the mess the twins make, they eat anything and everything and love all kinds of fruit and vegetables.

The twins are now a year old and have been doing BLW for 6 months now.
This was Barnaby when thet first started,he is eating rather sour home made Damson and Rasberry jelly .

Meg
Supervisor

09-03-2011, 11:34 PM
I bought a couple of these bibs on ebay, they are sort of waterproof and work really well...
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Fab-IKEA-water...item3f06989b1d
Phil
Fondly Remembered
Male 

10-03-2011, 01:12 AM
Glad to hear it's going well.

Our next baby is due anytime now so we're ready to do it all over again.
Meg
Supervisor

10-03-2011, 09:03 AM
Originally Posted by Phil View Post
Glad to hear it's going well.

Our next baby is due anytime now so we're ready to do it all over again.
How exciting Phil .There is a another baby due here in June, a sister for the twins so at least the mess will be all at the same time though that will be three babies under the age of 2 . When the twins have been for lunch it takes me ages to clean up.I am looking forward to the nice weather when we can eat in the garden .

PS any pics Phil ...
Meg
Supervisor

10-03-2011, 09:15 AM
For those interested in learning more about BLW ..

http://www.rapleyweaning.com/
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-03-2011, 10:02 AM
Oh they are just gorgeous! It is so lovely to see them - don't they grow up quickly? That's very grown up, an Italian restaurant for their birthday!

I'm finding going the whole hog for BLW quite hard because when Michael is hungry, he wants food yesterday and gets into a terrible state if it doesn't come quickly enough. So he gets finger foods (he had a pancake on Tuesday) and I'm spoon feeding too. All home cooked - have you seen the price of those baby jars? The ones like Plum and Organix are over £1 a meal! The amount of food my son eats, it would cost us a bomb! They are a bit too liquid for us too.
Meg
Supervisor

10-03-2011, 10:09 AM
Oh they are just gorgeous! It is so lovely to see them - don't they grow up quickly? That's very grown up, an Italian restaurant for their birthday!

I'm finding going the whole hog for BLW quite hard because when Michael is hungry, he wants food yesterday and gets into a terrible state if it doesn't come quickly enough. So he gets finger foods (he had a pancake on Tuesday) and I'm spoon feeding too. All home cooked - have you seen the price of those baby jars? The ones like Plum and Organix are over £1 a meal! The amount of food my son eats, it would cost us a bomb! They are a bit too liquid for us too.
Thank you LS they are very sweet , My DIL is doing a great job with them, they are very well socalised.

Re being hungry, to begin with it is a good idea to give a milk meal about half an hour before a food meal so the baby is not too hungry.
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >