Female 

31-08-2009, 06:16 PM
oh no

i hope she recovers quickly xx
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-08-2009, 06:17 PM
Thanks all, I just got back from the hospital. She's perky enough, they got a nice hot meal for me, so I fed her that, coz after midnight she will be on clear fluids only.

I saw the doc, lovely young doc, and he said they will decide and operate in the morning when the aneasthatist has decided whether they can or not, BUT, they have no option, because she has broken the big bone behind the elbow, it's split wide apart, and although they have put it in a cast, that's only to ease the pain slightly for her, they are going to have to pull it back together and wire it. He said it might work, it might not,and if it doesn't then they will have to operate AGAIN!!! OMG I thought, she would never survive two let alone the thought of one!!!

I asked him about the brain heammorhage and he was unaware of that, he only knew she had a stroke, but he didn't realise it was due to a heammorhage, but he said they can only do what they have to do, they can't just leave it like this, it's too far apart for it to knit back together in a cast!

They didn't have the care home phone number, only mine, and mum piped up with "don't bother to give them the care home number coz I'll be dead"!! Then she laughed!!! I didn't hear that bit, but Dave told me that's what she said!!!

I can only hope and pray she survives the op, but she said to me she's had enough, it's too much work to fix this one, it's too complicated for them (bless her!), and so they'll just have to let her go, but she said that's ok, coz she's ready. That makes me think she won't be putting up a fight like she did previously, so hopefully, she won't need to, they'll fix her all up and she'll be fine until the next fall, and that's all I can hope for.

I gave her a big kiss and cuddle after I finished feeding her, the nurses smiled over at me, so if she's not here when I visit tomorrow at 3pm at least I'll know it's what she wanted, and I'll have to deal with it. Hopefully, knowing her, she'll be propped up in bed with a big smile on her face when she sees me like she always has, and I can once again give her a big hug. Can't do anymore now. I've rung the home to keep them up to date, but in the circumstances, I'm glad they don't have their number actually, coz it's me who they need to contact whilst she's in there, I'm happier with that, than getting 2nd hand news from the care home, it's the way I want it now until she's safely back in their care.

I'm ok, Dave is propping me up yet again, he came with me even though I told him he shouldn't, I think he wanted to though, just in case, coz it's a bit of an unknown quanity when you're frail, 84 and have been through what she has of late.

Thanks again guys, always here in my hour of need! I won't worry tonight, but tomorrow I will be until I can go there at 3pm, and hopefully I won't be getting a big shock when I get there. I wish I was as strong as my dear old mum
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-08-2009, 06:26 PM
Nothing to say Aitch except big hugs and I'll be right here if you need me. Hope it all goes well hun. xxxxx
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-08-2009, 06:28 PM
H, I don't know whatto say except we are all here for you, your mum and Dave. Now mate this is the hard pasrt you have to trust them, they will do their very best and I know your dear mum is frail but you know she sounds a lovely strong woman, strong on the inside. She will fight on , despite you thi nnking she wants to "go" you know whatshe's like, always doing what you least expect of her
Please look after yourself and you tell that Dave of yours to keep up the good work bless him. Now, I know its hard but your mum will have a comfortable night, she's been wellfed she knows you (and us) love her and want her to get this fixed. The big consellation is its not an emergency op as such so everything can be planned meticulously. Will be thinking of you tomorrow.

Hugs to you all xxxxxxxx
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-08-2009, 06:34 PM
Originally Posted by wufflehoond View Post
Nothing to say Aitch except big hugs and I'll be right here if you need me. Hope it all goes well hun. xxxxx
Thanks Jackie.xxxxxx I know you will too.xxxxx

Originally Posted by Benzmum View Post
H, I don't know whatto say except we are all here for you, your mum and Dave. Now mate this is the hard pasrt you have to trust them, they will do their very best and I know your dear mum is frail but you know she sounds a lovely strong woman, strong on the inside. She will fight on , despite you thi nnking she wants to "go" you know whatshe's like, always doing what you least expect of her
Please look after yourself and you tell that Dave of yours to keep up the good work bless him. Now, I know its hard but your mum will have a comfortable night, she's been wellfed she knows you (and us) love her and want her to get this fixed. The big consellation is its not an emergency op as such so everything can be planned meticulously. Will be thinking of you tomorrow.

Hugs to you all xxxxxxxx
Thanks for that lovely post Lynne.xxxx

I know I sometimes speak with strange tongue (lol!), but do you remember when I lost Cassie, and I had that one solitary pink rose in the middle of the hallway floor which somehow, strangely, managed to come out of that tight bunch of roses I took outside to put on her grave? Well, just now, whilst tending to Georgie who is almost having a heart attack on the kitchen floor coz he's been overdoing the playing with Zena whilst I was on the phone (I've had to smother him in wet towels to slow his breathing down! ), anyways, when I went back into the lounge to see Dave, there, right in the middle of the hallway, on the carpet, lays a pure white feather, and I know what that means An angel has been again, just to let me know it'll all be ok! All the feathers are in the duvets and pillows in the bedrooms, and no beds have been touched or changed today, so I know that coz it's true!
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-08-2009, 06:36 PM
H what can I say?
I'm thinking of you and Mum and I hope all goes well.
Take care, of yourself, Dave, Georgie and Zena, hugs to you all.
Vodka Vixen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-08-2009, 06:44 PM
Oh god H, only just seen this, nothing I can say to make you feel any better but you will all be in my thoughts and I really hope all goes well.

{{{HUGS}}} to you all xxx
RRmum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

31-08-2009, 06:53 PM
Oh H - just come on and caught this. So sorry your mum has had this happen. Lovely wise words from Lynne earlier. They will be planning this to the letter and she will be there for your visit tomorrow.
But I know such a worry for you love.
Hugs to you and your dear mum. You know what she means to us all.
Dave is lovely isn't he? Always there for you and that is just what you need right now.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-08-2009, 07:02 PM
Thinking of you and sending gentle hugs.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

31-08-2009, 07:12 PM
Helena I am really hoping she will rally round from this one too. We both know from experience how many times they have said this will be the last time I will recover from this fall, then there we are again doing it all over again.

I know one day they will be right and they won't recover but you have done all you can for your dear old Mum and she knows that too. Its down to what will be will be now.

(((Hugs))) to you and Dave and Mum how many times has Dave said like Gorden has I am not sure how many times I can keep picking you up from this but they are always there for us when we most need them aren't they ?

Hope Georgie has settled a bit now. Xxxx
Page 3 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »