register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

31-08-2009, 01:17 PM
Ah, your poor Mum, glad to hear she will just be plastered up and taken back to the care home, she will be miles better off there then being left in a hospital bed.
Take her some nice choccies tonight!!!
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-08-2009, 01:26 PM
I think you need to get plastered now H
wendyann
Dogsey Senior
Female 

31-08-2009, 01:44 PM
Sorry to hear about your poor Mum, hope she gets sorted quickly and back to the home xx
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-08-2009, 03:51 PM
I now have bad news The sister said they will have to operate, and then she's so frail now, weighs about 6 1/2 stone, with a brain heammorhage.....

It is such a bad break on her elbow they cannot do anything else - apparently!!!! I might be able to dissuade them coz I'm going there now, so finger's crossed. If they do operate, then I don't hold out much hope for my dear old mum, not with a brain heammorhage do you?
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

31-08-2009, 04:04 PM
Oh no... I don't know what to say, she is a tough old bird she may get through it, but what else can they do, is there any other suggestion?
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

31-08-2009, 04:07 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
She was doing so well of late, walking again, with her zimmer of course, and she said she only got up tolook out of the window (without their help!).
Oh what a shame, I was also thinking about her yesterday and thinking that she must be doing OK in the home as you've not said anything recently, and now this Please give her my regards and I hope they can sort something so she doesn't need an operation.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

31-08-2009, 04:20 PM
(((Hugs))) to you and too Mum Helena.

Oh dear she may be ok you know what our old Mums are like, we think the worst and they always rally round.

Xx
Gellygoo
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-08-2009, 04:20 PM
Oh H, I am sorry to read this. Its strange because I was thinking of her yesterday, that I would have to see if there were any updates, but this is not what I was looking for. I hope she recovers well. My daughter broke her elbow when she was 6 and was operated on to pin it back in place. Not the same as 84 though, hope she and you and Dave are ok.Best wishes x
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-08-2009, 05:40 PM
Oh crap Aitch! Hope the op goes well and she's back in her lovely car home soon. We'll be thinking of you both xxxxx
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-08-2009, 06:05 PM
Oh H, so sorry about your mum, though I must say, she sounds a right character, bless her heart Wishing her the speediest of recoveries xxxxx
Page 2 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 5 12 > Last »