Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-05-2009, 05:15 PM

John Barrowman UK Tour

Well, as the man himself says....fantastic, fantastic, fantastic!!!

I cannot describe how wonderful he was last night when I seen him in Glasgow! The whole show was absolutely wonderful from start to finish and he couldn't have done it better if he tried! He is one amazing, talented, gorgeous man, and a dog lover, too! He has a very dirty laugh and a wicked sense of humour! I absolutely love him!

He treated us to a wide collection and variety of songs and performances, including a Scottish medley version of well known musical songs including Any Dream Will Do, Jesus Christ Superstar and All I Ask Of You! He did this as he wanted to combine his Scottish heritage with his love of musical theatre. And the results were spectacularly hysterical and entertaining! That is the only way I can describe it!

He was full of anecdotal stories about his childhood growing up in Glasgow, his move to America, right up to how he got to where he is today, and talked about his relationship with his partner of 16 years, Scott.

As I said earlier, he is a massive dog lover and currently has three dogs of his own: A Jack Russell called Captain Jack, and two English Cocker Spaniels called Charlie and Harris. He grew up with dogs and when they moved to America when he was 10 years old, their Beagle at the time went with them, too! He told us all about this dog, and about the rest of the dogs that he and his family have been privileged to own over the years, and there were loads of them and each one very much special and remembered in their own right.

While he was telling us about the dogs, pictures of them appeared on the full size of the back wall and they were beautiful. He talked about how he was Patron for the Dogs' Trust and how it was very sad that many dogs were being taken to rescue centres everywhere, especially now due to finances being stretched and said if we can to go and give very special and deserving rescue dogs a loving home.

He then dedicated a beautiful, loving song to man's best friend, whilst more pictures of his beloved dogs appeared on the massive screen behind him and each picture faded out for the next one to appear. It was very, very touching and emotional, especially when he stood facing the screen whilst singing, and I was in tears throughout the whole song. It was a lovely song and really summed up how wonderful dogs are, and he obviously meant every word of what he sung.

It soon livened up again and he bought his parents on and his mum sang a song she used to sing to them years ago....Amazing Grace. She was brilliant, as was his dad, and everyone, including his parents and us in the audience did the Slosh together, including the dance and sound effects! Other relatives of his were in the audience, too, including his brother and sister.

Earlier on in the show, he brought in two manequins, both with different kilts on. One he wore years ago. Nearer the end of the show his trousers split! I cannot describe how funny that was! He laughed and joked about it for a few minutes and in between laughs when it was a bit quieter I shouted "Put yer kilt on!" and he shouted "what? Ah cannae hear ye!" turned to his band and said "what she saying, I cannae hear?", so I shouted in again a couple of times and this time he heard me! His response....."There's nae way I'm putting that kilt on, girl, do you know how long it took me to get these trousers on!". Love it!

A couple of times in the show Daniel Boys (Any Dream Will Do Finalist) came on and sang a few numbers for us, he was superb and obviously had a great rapport with John as he spoke very fondly of him and thanked him very much for his incredible support over the last couple of years since Any Dream Will Do.

Lee Mead even got a mention! John said that Denise Van Outen got Lee Mead and he got Danny Boys, though not in THAT way!

The show was being filmed all night for a DVD. He wanted it to be recorded here as he is very fond of Glasgow and very proud of his Scottish roots and has not lost his Glasgwegien sense of humour, which is fantastic and totally wicked!

The whole concert hall was filled with laughter and clapping all night, and the atmosphere was absolutely electric and just fantastic and was the best concert I have ever been to in my life. I absolutely loved every minute of it and words cannot justify properly how amazing the man is, he is just an absolutely joy and dedicated to what he does. An all-round fabulous singer and entertainer and gives 100% every time.

Needless to say, the venue was a complete sell out and there were even people standing.

Phew, what I have said is just a tiny fraction of the concert last night, and if you're going to the show over the coming weeks, then you are in for a MASSIVE treat!!!

We love you, John, come back to Glasgow very soon!
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

15-05-2009, 06:20 PM
So Nicola, I take it he was sort of errrrr good

Glad you enjoyed the show and very pleased he promoted the dog rescue scene which gets a few pluses from me.
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-05-2009, 06:27 PM
Sort of good, Harvey, sort of good???? He was better than good!

Yes, it was great he promoted dog rescue!
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-05-2009, 07:18 PM
That's great that you enjoyed the show, but you could've told us how it actually went Nic?

Nic - not one for using one word when 27 will do

John Barrowman - Now I've not had him, he's all yours hun lol
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-05-2009, 07:32 PM
Oh god! Didn't I tell you how it went?! Well, let me start......

Ah, you know me so well, Becks! The more words the merrier!

Oh yay! One Becks hasn't had that I can have all to myself! And I don't care if he's gay! I'll still have him!

I believe he's feeling broody.....I'm there!
Mum To Many
Dogsey Senior
Female 

17-05-2009, 08:55 AM
I like him too, I bet he has a great sense of humour, you can tell he'd be very naughty!I remember once seeing him on the Charlotte Church show I think it was and he was sitting next to a macho ****head actor who was obviously uncomfortable sitting next to a gay man and this other actor kept saying how straight he was, and squirming, I was thinking I think you are protesting too much dear and I bet John was too,I was loving it because John was playing up a bit and this other guy was no match for him.
I like the fact he's a dog lover as well, and he has a home in Cardiff, where I live , so its all good!
Asti
Dogsey Senior
Female 

17-05-2009, 09:30 PM
Yep, I think he's great too. What a super man (shame he's Gay though, what a waste )

I'm glad you enjoyed his concert, wish I had been there. Did he sing "what about us" which was written by Gary Barlow? Brilliant song and he sings it wonderfully.
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-05-2009, 04:57 PM
Originally Posted by Mum To Many View Post
I like him too, I bet he has a great sense of humour, you can tell he'd be very naughty!I remember once seeing him on the Charlotte Church show I think it was and he was sitting next to a macho ****head actor who was obviously uncomfortable sitting next to a gay man and this other actor kept saying how straight he was, and squirming, I was thinking I think you are protesting too much dear and I bet John was too,I was loving it because John was playing up a bit and this other guy was no match for him.
I like the fact he's a dog lover as well, and he has a home in Cardiff, where I live , so its all good!
Oh, I remember that!! Funny.

Yes, he has a fantastic sense of humour, doesn't he?! And yes, very naughty indeed.

The fact that he's a dog lover makes me love him even more!
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-05-2009, 05:01 PM
Originally Posted by Asti View Post
Yep, I think he's great too. What a super man (shame he's Gay though, what a waste )

I'm glad you enjoyed his concert, wish I had been there. Did he sing "what about us" which was written by Gary Barlow? Brilliant song and he sings it wonderfully.
What a waste of a good man indeed! Even my gran says that!

Yes, he sang "What About Us" and was fabulous at it! Just fabulous!
Asti
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-05-2009, 03:30 PM
Originally Posted by Westie_N View Post
What a waste of a good man indeed! Even my gran says that!

Yes, he sang "What About Us" and was fabulous at it! Just fabulous!
I love that song and I felt it should have gone high up into the charts when it was first out, unfortunately it didn't (some people got no taste in music ). In fact I downloaded it from I Tunes and play it in my car.