Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-05-2009, 08:41 PM
No never.

We do have a pale brown carpet though, so we are careful ourselves not to wear our shoes in the house - and Marius gets his paws thoroughly wiped before coming in!!

I would never ask a visitor to take their shoes off though
Harry25
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-05-2009, 06:18 PM
I always ask people to. I take my shoes off at the front door in my own house so why should I allow visitors to tread dirt across my carpets. I always take my shoes off at other people's houses, even if they say to leave them on.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-05-2009, 06:25 PM
Thanks for all your replies, guys. It was a bit of fun really, but it's been interesting seeing what everyone does/prefers.

Thanks.
honeysmummy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-05-2009, 06:59 PM
So those of you that ask people to take their shoes off do you still get them to if you are having a dinner party or something? Or if they are dressed up?
I can understand trainers or dirty shoes but how far do you go?
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-05-2009, 07:39 PM
For me, it's any shoes, but that's probably coz I cannot understand anyone wanting to wear shoes indoors myself? Who in their right mind would walk around a house in high heels, unless you're at a hotel/restaurant or something, or maybe a party where everyone has their shoes on Lol! A nice cosy little dinner party, in fact, especially a cosy little dinner party, shoes always come off under the table anyways don't they? I even do that in a restaurant let alone indoors!! I don't insist people take their nice shoes off, I leave it up to them, but I would insist on somebody's grubby old shoes, or I stare down at them when they go to come in with them on ! I like my house, everything's new, even the carpet, and the mere thought of people having been walking on dirty old pavements treading in God knows what and then coming and walking on my carpet where I lay down on the same floor to cuddle the dogs, it just gives me the creeps! Dog's dirty paws I can deal with, they get dealt with outdoors and dried if they're very muddy, if not, nothing comes off them anyway, whereas shoes it does! Just call me Mrs. Bucket!!!
CheekyChihuahua
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-05-2009, 08:37 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
For me, it's any shoes, but that's probably coz I cannot understand anyone wanting to wear shoes indoors myself? Who in their right mind would walk around a house in high heels, unless you're at a hotel/restaurant or something, or maybe a party where everyone has their shoes on Lol! A nice cosy little dinner party, in fact, especially a cosy little dinner party, shoes always come off under the table anyways don't they? I even do that in a restaurant let alone indoors!! I don't insist people take their nice shoes off, I leave it up to them, but I would insist on somebody's grubby old shoes, or I stare down at them when they go to come in with them on ! I like my house, everything's new, even the carpet, and the mere thought of people having been walking on dirty old pavements treading in God knows what and then coming and walking on my carpet where I lay down on the same floor to cuddle the dogs, it just gives me the creeps! Dog's dirty paws I can deal with, they get dealt with outdoors and dried if they're very muddy, if not, nothing comes off them anyway, whereas shoes it does! Just call me Mrs. Bucket!!!
What she said Just call me Mrs Bucket Mark II
Page 7 of 7 « First < 4 5 6 7