Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Asti
Dogsey Senior
Female 

01-02-2009, 06:06 PM

The UK's Eurovision Song Entry

It was written by Diane Warren, music by Andrew LLoyd Webber. Diane Warren has written some lovely songs in the past but what did anyone think of that song for the Eurovision? I have to say I didn't think much of it and I really can't see us winning with it! I thought Jade sang it very well and in my opinion the best out of the other two acts but does anyone really think we will win with it?????? It's not a song that stands out is it. Apart from that the contest is so political I don't think it matters who sings!!!

Time will tell I wonder if Andrew Lloyd Webber has been wasting his time with it all, still, you've got to give it a chance. I just think a better song is needed in my opinion. Anyone agree?
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

01-02-2009, 06:13 PM
I have not heard it yet but it could be the greatest song ever but it still has very little chance, because as you said its to political and has been for a number of years
mse2ponder
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-02-2009, 06:17 PM
It was blooming awful! So naff and repetitive - it might just have what it takes to win! I did like Jade out of the three though - those twins were diabolical!
Asti
Dogsey Senior
Female 

01-02-2009, 10:08 PM
Originally Posted by mse2ponder View Post
It was blooming awful! So naff and repetitive - it might just have what it takes to win! I did like Jade out of the three though - those twins were diabolical!

I completely agree with you about the song, although I did like the twins the best but not singing that particular song.
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-02-2009, 10:22 PM
I hated it and was very disappointed. It was very Lloyd Webber though, remind me of Whistle Down the Wind style.