Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
stafford
Dogsey Senior
Female 

12-06-2008, 10:02 PM

Can the dog world take much more?

A friend of mine has just pointed me in the direction of this English advert...... (thought i'd share this info)

"PRESTIGE PEDIGREE REGISTRATION CLUB LIMITED. Our r club is not for show dogs it is for breeders of Pedigree Puppie's who wish to give their customer's a copy of the puppy's pedigree history. You will receive a 3 generation certificate and ownership document for each puppy/dog you register.To register a litter of puppies 6.50 per puppy, Company Registration Number . Special note: Prestige Pedigree Registration Club Ltd is not connected or affiliated with any other canine organisation or club 11.50 for a single puppy and 17.50 for a adult dog over 1 year old. For a registration pack please contact us.
whatsoever."

Advert has has phone number and email address removed.

So for all the decent honest breeders out there this is a real kick in the teeth!

Just my opinon.
Which now meens the byb's and joe blogs will use this as an advantage to unsuspecting first time owners.
stafford
Dogsey Senior
Female 

12-06-2008, 10:28 PM
I have heard of dlr, but never took much notice to be honest.

So is Shirleys the same as dlr?
Just thought i would ask (me being noisy for a change) lol
stafford
Dogsey Senior
Female 

12-06-2008, 10:51 PM
No Shirley's isn't the one above.
It's some paperwork a friend got with one of her dogs a few years ago the dog was also added to the shirley's stud dog book too. (he was automaticly added when he reached around 18 months old.)
Malady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-06-2008, 10:54 PM
Originally Posted by stafford View Post
No Shirley's isn't the one above.
It's some paperwork a friend got with one of her dogs a few years ago the dog was also added to the shirley's stud dog book too. (he was automaticly added when he reached around 18 months old.)
I've never heard of it to be honest, unless it's a separate 'breed' register that someone has made up !

It certainly isn't recognised anywhere, so on that premise I guess it could be made up !
morganstar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-06-2008, 11:04 PM
isnt this similar to the guy who tried to start his own version of the kc and failed miserably.
I think most people who are buying puppies now are reasonably well educated, especially if there looking for a particular breed.
tbh if people want to waste there money registering for a useless piece of paper more fool them.
Azz
Administrator
Male 

13-06-2008, 01:28 AM
Originally Posted by Malady View Post
Shirleys ? Not sure what that is, but if that's the club you mentioned above, it's pretty similar yes.

[Edit: 14 June 08: POST REMOVED: See below]
Can you please provide links to back this up.

Any posts containing potential libel will be removed unless you can provide links to reliable sources to back up your claims.

Edit: Malady's posts removed for not linking to reliable sources to back up her claims.
megan57collies
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2008, 02:37 AM
Originally Posted by Azz View Post
Can you please provide links to back this up.

Any posts containing potential libel will be removed unless you can provide links to reliable sources to back up your claims.
Not sure what links are acceptable, so don't want to get into trouble. I would just say to all to put DLR in a search engine and look for yourself.
Just had a look at their website. They won't allow any dogs that are show dogs (so that would be any dogs registered by the KC) except for exemption shows which any dog can enter anyhow.
sallyinlancs
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-06-2008, 02:43 AM
Can a stud dog be proven at 1 year old as some of the ads say?
megan57collies
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2008, 03:40 AM
Is it possible? Yes it is.
Should it be done? No. A dog has to be 12 months before it can be hipscored. So it's obvious any of these dogs have not had their hips done. If they haven't bothered with that, then they're not going to have bothered with other testing, which depending on the breed, some are not done until after 12 months.
Which website are you talking about?
Patch
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2008, 04:22 AM
Azz, this is one case of a breeder finding out their dogs names were falsely used on DLR `registrations`

http://zorgsrotties.mysite.wanadoo-m....uk/page6.html

There is an older Dogsey thread where others say similar to malady including one, [ Borderdawn ], who has seen actual and clearly dubious `DLR Pedigree`s`, and I`ve certainly come across other breeders than the one in the link above saying its happened to them too, [ their dogs names being used and registered on DLR, allegedly no questions asked by DLR about theirs either ]

http://www.dogsey.com/showthread.php?t=64988

I have just looked at their online registration facility to register adult dogs.
I entered the sires owner as Mr Smith, the dams owner as Mrs Jones, the breed as `eee` and it was all accepted...
I did`nt submit it of course as none of it was factual and I`m not paying £25 to prove a point but everything I put on the submission form was accepted by their system and let me go to the subsequent page each time so I can only guess as to whether or not anything would have been queried but at no time was proof of a dogs lineage required regarding registering an adult dog.

Just did the same for puppy registration putting the owner names as Miss Conductor and Mr Band,
Breed of Sire `trumpet`
Colour of Sire `pink`

Breed of Dam `saxophone`
Colour of Dam `orange`

Colour of puppy `purple`
Date of birth 01/01/2099

For the ancestry there are slots to put in whatever names, nothing asking for proof, it just states ;

"Please fill in this form to create a three generation pedigree for the litter you wish to register, you will then receive a registration certificate and three generation pedigree for each puppy."

[ the form is just the name slots, nothing else]

So make of that what you will. Not conclusive proof of course that they will accept anything anyone puts without even checking as I did`nt click submit nor send the money but the lack of ancestry proof needed, [ none in other words ], has just shown me how easy it is for people to enter literally any name they want regardless of whose dogs real names they are putting on it

They also state on their `about us` page :

"The club has now been running since 1993, and we are pleased to say it has been a resounding success! This is because we are a "NO NONSENSE" registration club, and do not believe in too much red tape, and it's obvious from the response we've had that our customers don't either.

We, as a club, are not connected to, or affiliated with, any other canine organization. We will register Pedigree dogs and puppies whether they are already registered with any other kennel/registration club! - i.e. registered or unregistered dogs accepted, and we welcome overseas customers and breeds.

The fact that we can supply you with these documents enhance the sale of your puppies, and will also ensure that you keep the history of your breed. The majority of your customers love their dogs as a valued family pet, and not as a show specimen (except exemption shows).
"

I highlighted parts there which speak volumes as far as I`m concerned...
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >