Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
werewolf
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-01-2011, 03:40 PM

Imbecile at the Vets

Took Thunder to the vets today. There was a Huge Akita in the waiting room. We had to walk past. All Thunder did was look at this dog (he is a very friendly dog, never shown aggression and wants to be friends with other dogs). As we walked away to go into the consultation room I heard the owner say 'you would've only had one chance' OH said this was directed at poor, innocent Thunder!!! I was so annoyed with this. I waited to hear if he would say something else when we walked past on the way out, he didn't. His wife said how lovely Thunder looked. OH said not to take offence it was a silly remark by a silly old man. Hard not to though when your fur kid is spoken about like that. The Akita was on an extendible lead.
dizzi
Almost a Veteran
Female 

25-01-2011, 03:45 PM
I would actually have complained to the vets to be honest at the other guy making a pretty nasty implied threat against your dog. But then I get increasingly Victor Meldrewish in my old age.

You take your dog to the vets you kind of expect other animals to be there (although the fact ours has a fishtank in the cat waiting area - cat TV - does continue to amuse me)... hence me taking treats to distract our boy yesterday just in case of any issues.
werewolf
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-01-2011, 03:51 PM
I did mention it to the vet nurse but it still has really, really angered me.
paulandfloyd
Dogsey Junior
Male 

25-01-2011, 04:02 PM
You should have said, “What do you mean by that? Then he would have gone red, laughed and said “I was only joking” and that would have made him look like a prat.

He was probably trying to look hard, with his big dog.

Remember there are a lot of idiots out there…….
Kalasin
Dogsey Senior
Female 

25-01-2011, 04:03 PM
-hugs- how horrible poor Thunder and poor you. People like this do nothing to help the cases of dangerous dogs in this country. And then wonder why people are screaming for Akitas to go on the DDA!
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-01-2011, 04:17 PM
I make little jokes - luckily though I say it with a smile and the other dog owner smiles or laughs, then makes a remark about their own dog too. Am I in that imbecile club?

How dare they say anything about the fur kids!

As your OH said - just an old man who didn't know anything.

Edit:
Sorry misread it thought he'd said something nasty about Thunder.
Elaine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-01-2011, 04:18 PM
Sorry but I would have to have asked him what he meant by this..... but then eversuffering husband says I will get myself into some real bother sometime as I cant just walk away sometimes!!!!
Say what you like about me, but start on my furbabies at your peril
Hugs to Thunder, don't take any notice of the nasty man.
suecurrie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-01-2011, 04:34 PM
I am sure nothing nasty was intended - let it sail right over you. You know you have a beautiful friendly dog and that is all that matters. Chill
werewolf
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-01-2011, 06:48 PM
Thanks you guys xxxx I wish I was quicker in these situations. It was only when we had walked past and into the room that it really hit me.

The good thing is Thunder was oblivious to it all, bless him xxxxxxxx
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-01-2011, 07:12 PM
...id be proud me thinks he was jealous of ma handsome boy
scary tho...just the type you dont want with an Akita...mind u,youl prob find his dog is really sociable and friendly and he was trying to harden his image
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >