Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

24-01-2011, 12:58 AM

Any breeds your not allowed

Another late night thinking question .
Before i met my wife i always wanted a mini bull terrier i had got so far as being in contact with breeders and if timings were right i would have got one then ..
Wish i had then cause shes not a fan and for the sake of peace and quiet i stopped looking at them as an option ..
Are their any breeds you would own if it wasnt for others?
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-01-2011, 02:35 AM
No, i found my breed when i got Boxers
Insomnia
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-01-2011, 07:04 AM
Is there no way you could sneak a meeting with some 'accidentally' in the park and she could fall for them? I know they're a rare breed but could work?

We're sticking to Greyhounds for now and so not an issue for now...but I don't think I'd be allowed anything with a squishy nose as he's not a fan, not of really unusual dogs, he likes 'natural' types...
fayeily
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-01-2011, 07:11 AM
Im not allowed anything that my BF classes as 'skinny looking'
like greys, dobermann, etc.
Although saying that, he was quite smitten by Axel (greyhound) yesterday

He's definetly a mastiff person. Which is fine by me
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-01-2011, 07:34 AM
I don't think I wouldn't be allowed....but OH is not a fan of SBT's,EBT's Rotti's, & C.crested.
Which is sad really because one day Im destine to have a Rotti
magpye
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-01-2011, 07:39 AM
I need my mum to look after the doggies on occassion, she's afraid of bull breeds and small brown terrier types after being attacked as a child by an ebt and then a few years ago by a border terrier...

To be fair Borders are not really my thing, but I do feel guilty for all the sweet looking bullys I couldn't foster or consider homing...
missy01
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-01-2011, 09:04 AM
I can't have a chiuauaha or a Rotti - also like Magpye the inlaws look after mine when we go away and don't like bull breeds or slobbery dogs.
SO quite limited really Still dream of a dobermann one day..
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-01-2011, 09:08 AM
I wasn't allowed a Poodle, I wanted a standard one. Have to have a non-shedding breed due to my asthma and allergy to dogs.

Husband had the typical male reaction of "I'm not walking a Poodle!" sadly so it was a no-no.

Funny thing is that we are always getting people coming up to us asking if Parker is a Poodle! (he is a Kerry Blue and looks nothing like a Poodle). Even a lady we see on the heath came up and asked where we got them trimmed "because they are Poodles like mine aren't they?" I replied with "Ugliest looking Poodles I've ever seen!"
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-01-2011, 09:15 AM
CC - I can have the ones that are hairy but not the hairless one Pfft - I am getting one whether he likes it or not.

The condition I got a Grey on was if he could have a dobie, rottie or a GSD - I'm fine with that
Julie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-01-2011, 09:26 AM
I'm not allowed anything snub nosed and I quite like pugs also would like at sometime to have a rescue grey hound but hubby is terrified of them so that won't happen either.

Considering he is allergic to dogs I am lucky we have any at all so can't complain really. Not certain I would be so generous looking at the permanent rash he has on his lower legs...
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >