register for free

Dog News

Man dies after dog pulls him into road in Dovercourt

Dog being described as 'pug-type'.

A man has died after his dog pulled him into the road and he was hit by a car.

The man was left with a head injury after his pug-type dog "bolted across the road" in Low Road, Dovercourt on Monday evening, Essex Police said.

The dog walker, aged in his 60s, went home but began feeling unwell and died later in hospital.

Police appealed to anyone who saw the man before or after the crash. The dog was not harmed, a force spokesman said.
Following an appeal, the woman driving the car, who stopped to get the dog walker's details after his pet's lead caused damage to her vehicle, came forward to speak to police.
Story: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-essex-34388282

Your comments and views:
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-09-2015, 02:05 PM
How do you let a dog as small as a Pug pull you over? Sad story.
Dibbythedog
Dogsey Senior
Female 

29-09-2015, 02:18 PM
That's a shame. Poor man. I wonder what will happen to the pug?
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-09-2015, 02:32 PM
That is so sad.
Myra as you get older and more frail it is easy to be pulled over by anything. I was amazed how I had to struggle to hold the little yorkie last week.
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

29-09-2015, 02:45 PM
In his 60's, so am I and he can't control a Pug that weighs on average 7 kgs, Shouldn't be frail in your 60's and if you are don't walk a dog you can't control.
I do feel for him and his family but these things are so avoidable.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-09-2015, 03:02 PM
As police are appealing for witnesses, I guess what happened will never truly be known.

Poor man, I so feel for his family xx
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-09-2015, 03:27 PM
Trouble I am in my 60s. As I told a very rude and impatient young lady last week, I hope you never have a disability to contend with. It sometimes creeps up on you and ruins your life.
No I don't walk Pepsi anymore because I have hubby to do it. It's heart breaking. I certainly wouldn't get rid of her, because I can't walk her.
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-09-2015, 03:47 PM
My apologies. I didn't mean to get anybody on the defensive. It's easy for me, a 26 year old to say "STOP BEING WEAK!" but I guess older people can have trouble that I would not. However, much like Trouble mentioned, he should not be walking a dog he can't control. Sad ending but probably preventable.
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

29-09-2015, 04:22 PM
Nippy I don't wish to be rude but as someone who has had two strokes and has a blood clotting disorder which means I'm prone to clots in every organ in my body, I think I might have an inkling but I don't class myself as disabled even if others do. We all have obstacles to overcome in life, I wouldn't get rid of any dog because I couldn't walk it I'd work around it.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-09-2015, 04:41 PM
I imagine that if the guy thought the dog could pull him into the road, he wouldn't have walked it, but the unexpected is always around the corner, a slip, a trip, a fall, a moment of distraction.

I've tripped over a dog before and I'm sure I'm not alone.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Where next?

Dog News Homepage
Latest and popular news, by week, month, year and all-time!

Dog News Forum
Shows dog related news by latest activity

Submit A News Story
Info on how to submit a news story

Latest Dog News...

© Copyright 2016, Dogsey   Contact Us - Dogsey - Top Contact us | Archive | Privacy | Terms of use | Top