Our sister sites
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-08-2017, 08:57 AM

Daily Thread Tuesday 8th August

Good morning everyone

Pleased mum has calmed down Griff.

You are really doing well Mandy but don't go over doing it too soon.

Lovely and sunny here at the moment but its not meant to last . Picked another load of beans and in the middle of blanching them ready to freeze.

Hope everyone is well.

Have a good day and stay safe.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

08-08-2017, 09:19 AM
Morning Sue and all to follow.
Rained here overnight so wet again and not looking good out there even though not raining for now.
We had home grown beans from Michael and Margaret delish. Managed to save some for a second meal possibly tonight.

Off to London tomorrow to pick up engagement ring and have our afternoon tea out. Michael is going to see if he can pop out of work for a break to have a coffee with us. We are saving the Shakespeare tour of the globe for another time and will do a show or concert with the tickets from mark and Lauren closer to home got to book for next year now everything we fancy booked up for this year.
Instructions to the boys for Dillon and breeder contact details in note for the boys and they have been informed. Just incase you never know do you ?
Gill has hospital appointment today so she should find out of she is viable for more chem or not I think today.

Haven't seen Moyra around for a while hope she is ok. I saw Harvey mentioned she might be going away for a few days.

Hope everyone is well and all four legged friends are to.
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

08-08-2017, 09:39 AM
Our grapes are getting bigger now

these are the small red type.

Ii had a choice of save the grape vine or cut it down to fit in the greenhouse.
So glad I spent so much time measuring several times first and got the greenhouse in. it was this close, and even then had to strap the vine stem back

griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-08-2017, 10:24 AM
Ooooo Tumbleweed, are they eating grapes or wine grapes?
Lynn, i really hope today brings good news for Gill
Sue, really relieved things have calmed down...i would rather have a row and be done with it...can't be doing with silent treatment etc..and being stuck in the middle of it is even worse Lol
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-08-2017, 11:54 AM
Hello all
Done nothing but rain today been out for brekky with my friend, then nipped to the tattoo place with her, cos her cover up needed touching up, we had such a laugh - the guys in there are great.
Hope the weather picks up so we can get Rosie out
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

08-08-2017, 01:00 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Gill has hospital appointment today so she should find out of she is viable for more chem or not
Will be thinking of her this afternoon when I head out with Casey & Lara. Just hope they can offer her something.

In case you haven't seen it on the news, 83 year old man murdered while walking his two dogs in East Harling, Norfolk, which is not all that far away from here. Think I'll pick up a suitable tree branch while I'm walking

Yes I think (hope) that Moyra did decide to have a few days holiday, and that she will be back soon.

Enjoy your trip to London and hope the ring is repaired to your satisfaction, I'm sure it will be.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

08-08-2017, 01:05 PM
Read about that Harvey frightening.
Do take care when out. Hopefully the size of Lara and Casey would make someone think twice in your case.
I walk the village with Dillon when on my own have often thought about taking him to Shouldham on my own for a change of scenery may think about not doing that now.
Usually with Gorden when we go further afield.

Sad days when you have to worry about having a nice amble with your dog.
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

08-08-2017, 02:36 PM
griff

All i can tell you is they are small grapes with loads of seed in and black when ripe
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-08-2017, 02:56 PM
errr wine ones then?? Lol
Mandy...did you not get tempted?? my Max one is just starting with the scab coming off, i am being dead good, applying heaps of savlon to it and fingers crossed, all the ink appears to be intact!
Jeez, what is the world coming to..can't even walk your dog now....there was an attack on a fella in his 50's in the next town to us...they wanted to pinch his dog and hit him with a lump of wood
Lynn, i was told to carry one of those pocket sized hairsprays as they aren't classed as offensive weapon but spray that into someones eyes and it should buy you time to get away
Got the bus to go to town and the driver asked if i had seen 2 little girls aged 6&7...i said no why? apparently they have gone missing, the nan and granddad had been into town to look for them?? wtf? if it's the kids i am thinking of the parents just let them roam all over and it isn't the first time it has happened either..hope they are both o.k though
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

08-08-2017, 03:36 PM
Hope they find the children griff.
Thanks for the heads up re: the pocket sized hairspray. Not sure Dillon would keep up the pace if I needed to get away.

Michael just rang he had a text from gill much earlier to say she was home but she didn't ring or text me or ring him so he gave it a couple of hours then rang her.
Not good news. She is having a blood transfusion soon we hope but she needs one. Steroids to try to boost her appetite she has lost another stone in two weeks.
Paracetamol for the pain in her feet up to 8 a day if needed.
No chemo whether if the transfusion and the steroids boost her enough for them to reconsider we don't know but it sounds like it's the end of the treatment from what we can gather.
She is going to ring me in a few days s she is expectedly upset and tearful and to be truthful I was crying talking to Michael so better she doesn't ring me and we have a few days to come to terms with things.
They have cancelled the holiday in Dorset but might come our way for a few days so we could all meet for a day.
Not totally unexpected news but still hard to come to terms with.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >