Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-07-2017, 06:40 AM

Daily Thread, Wednesday, 12th July.

Good Morning all,

Kazz, so sorry to hear the prognosis re Buster, such a shame, I hope you can make him comfortable for what time he has left.

Lynn, sorry to hear Dillon, has been having problems again with his foot. Hopefully it will be better today.

Harvey, hope Lara and Casey are much better today too.

Griff, know what you mean about people being late, I am always early for my appointments.

June do hope you are on the mend and feeling better. I hope the girls are all ok.

Mandy, Eileen, Nippy Jen and all our absent friends hope you are all doing ok.

Have a good day all, nice drop of rain out there today, stay warm and dry and above all SAFE and well. God bless.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-07-2017, 07:56 AM
Good morning Moyra, here I am

Shopping for me today, I want a pair of summery shoes so we are going into Paignton to see what I can find.
Does anyone know of an eatery in Paignton
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-07-2017, 08:08 AM
Hi Jenny have you tried searching the local Paignton site for eateries and their recommendations? It is worth a try.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-07-2017, 08:15 AM
Morning all
Kazz, i am so very very sorry but i am so pleased that Buster found his way to you...it's never easy and especially as you have recently lost a doggy...i will keep everything crossed for a miracle for him
Morning Moyra, have you given up on your search for a new property or still looking?
Lynn, good to hear Dillon has left his paw alone...i get a tad obsessed with things so fully get it Lol
i had an order that went missing...i repeated the order...the original order is now on it's way out.....awwwww bum!!! i will have to send back the second order unless i can find someone to buy the stuff Lol
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-07-2017, 08:22 AM
Griff, stopped looking for the time being as I am not sure Steve's heart is behind it. He complains about the place and says he wants to move but hasn't done anything towards looking.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

12-07-2017, 09:28 AM
Morning Moyra, Nippy Jen, griff and all who follow.

Very breezy here today and cooler so a later walk for us. Plus plenty of rain yesterday and during the night.
Should go shopping but not much feeling that way inclined today will see what time the oil delivery turns up tomorrow and how I feel if not Friday. Not in urgent need of anything in particular.
Heard a dreadful piece of news today from a man we got to know on our walks he owned a newfie years ago and has a smoke on his doorstep.
One of his best friends was killed the other Tuesday he worked at the local bus and lorry repair depot we often walk past the place on our walks if we go that way. Jack failed and the bus fell on him killing him instantly only 42. Big enquiry into the depot even if health and safety find all ok he probably will not open again hit them very hard they are reputable concern and been here many years. Poor man I was talking to was finding it hard to come to terms with understandably.
Makes you grateful for what you have.

griff that's a nuisance always the way though.
Kazz hope Buster is ok today. Sending hugs to all.
Nippy Jen enjoy looking for shoes. Not sure if this link is any help regards eateries. http://www.englishriviera.co.uk/paignton/food-and-drink
Moyra a shame you have put looking to move on hold.

Hope everyone is well and all four legged friends to.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-07-2017, 09:37 AM
Good morning everyone

So sorry to read the news for Buster and you have only really just got to know him but he knows he found the right home to look after him and do your best for him. Hugs

Good that Dillon has left his paw alone Lynn. Dreadful news about the poor man.

Its always the same Griff they should take the second order back though and refund you.

Enjoy your shoe hunting Jen and hope you find somewhere nice to eat.

Moyra I wouldn't wait for Steve as I don't think he will bother looking and leave you to do it all so find somewhere you would like to live and he can either go with you or find his own place. You deserve to be happy

Up later this morning for me but at least it had stopped raining by then. One lot of washing out and bedding in the machine now. Barry is busy replacing some guttering round the back porch that has been dripping since we moved in. The people before us put it up and I think used what they could find. Two pieces are black and one brown. Replacing it all in black even though the rest of the house is brown but it can't been seen except by us and saves replacing one bit that has been cut into a down pipe.

Hope all two and four legged are keeping well.

Have a good day and stay safe.
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

12-07-2017, 10:23 AM
today we decided to replace an old gutter around our back porch. The previous owner did another bodge job, even to the extent of putting brown and black gutter on the same run. on top of that the brown gutter was full of tar stopping the flow of water. so now in the middle of replacing.

Just got to fit the corner bit now

job done and re cemented a bit that broke off on the house joint, should have been lead flushing but just another cheap bodge job by the previous owner
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-07-2017, 01:27 PM
Guess what, we have water ingress in the back bedroom again! Think it will have to be back to looking for somewhere else to live again like it or not.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

12-07-2017, 02:06 PM
Oh no Moyra that's not good and what with the wall to.

I'm in a dilemma it's Gorden's 60th birthday Sunday and our 40th wedding anniversary and I am having a dreadful time to know what to buy. He has given no clues as to what he might like but then again neither have I. Except get my engagement ring fixed as the diamond came out and got lose and had to be cut off.
Just wondering if anyone had any ideas maybe ?
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >