Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-06-2018, 09:38 PM
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
As said before, my garden is mostly grass and yet we have tons of bumble and honey bees - always have had
How wonderful! We are not too badly off for bumbles but honey bees are very scarce so I was very pleased to see them in particular.
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

09-06-2018, 01:25 PM
As I've recently replaced my decking I have lots of off cuts of decking left and also some bits of the old decaying deck to get rid of. Somehow bits got let behind when we took it all to the tip. I already have plenty of canes etc and reeds from the pond. So I'm going to construct a Bug hotel and a Bee B&B. Just got to figure out where to put them, Bees like the sun and loads of Bugs and especially amphibians prefer damp and shady. The damp and shady part is easy enough to find, just got to figure the bit in the sun that's not unsightly, luckily that bits for Bees and Butterflies and they look quite cute constructions.
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-06-2018, 08:28 AM
How lovely Trouble ... did you hear about the lady who rescued a large bumble bee from death and ended up with a tame bumble bee who definitely recognised her and had a 2 sided relationship. Amazing story ��
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

16-06-2018, 10:06 AM
Originally Posted by Gnasher View Post
How lovely Trouble ... did you hear about the lady who rescued a large bumble bee from death and ended up with a tame bumble bee who definitely recognised her and had a 2 sided relationship. Amazing story ��
No I didn't but I can't rehome bees as pets as the dogs would try to eat them, something about the buzzing they can't stand. I have more chance ending up with a tame robin as one insists on following me around the garden when I'm out there and just sits and observes what I'm up to.
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4