View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-01-2008, 07:02 PM
JEEEES!!! well i saw a lovely playful pup, who looked excited at other dogs not agressive & as soon as that CM strung her up she became 100% worse & i think instead of wanting to meet the other dog actually did link that dog to her own severe discomfort.Marvelous! Genius! & then eventually i saw her give up,could have cryed.

If that man EVER did that to one of my dogs id show him some real agression!!!!!

& his flipping dog was lame!!!! probaly too much exercise!!!!!
Luke
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

06-01-2008, 07:03 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
YAY for a person that sees Dogs as Dogs!! Doesnt molly coddle, doeant pussy foot, doesnt spend weeks "clicking" GOOD for him!
Here bloody here.
If anyone would like to see LIVING proof of a dog turns around by these types of training; I invite you to my house. To see an English Springer that had been brought up with the clicker training, treats for everything he did, when on lead was never tugged or anything when pulling-brought up with the stop dead etc, nearly got us evicted due to the barking and that was tried sorted with ignoring/positive reinforcement when he was quiet/teaching him to bark on que etc.
The dog was a nightmare. He didn't listen to anything come the brink of a few months ago, had me [at 6foot and 13 stone] floored numerous ties through pulling, would take off and nearly get himself killed in deep water etc, started really snapping at me and others and turned into a hellian.
We threw everything we knew out the window, as in Ralph's case it just wasn't working. We used a choke chain or check or whatever you call them-within a few weeks his pulling stopped. We stopped rewarding him for everything and trained him to learn there are certain things he should do and a "good boy" should be enough, nevermind a treat. Got him out of this habbit of seeking reward for every little thing. Stopped him barking with the SHHHHH thing, not ignoring etc. That didn't work, at all!And general with such tactics as what CM uses..
We have a dog who will walk like an angel on the lead, doesnt charge through doors knocking you over comes onto the furniture when asked up and doesn't growl when you ask him to get down, doesn't steal food, doesn't snap at anyone, doesn't..he's just a different dog.
Thing you've got to remember, not all dogs work under the same way. And Ralph had four trainers, well known trainers who I shan't name, at the brink of not quite being sure of where to go [all used the click/treat crap]. We got a man in, experienced in gundogs also..and he's different.
I can safely say also; he's not nervous or scared or bullied. The dog still bounds around; stump up wagging and like his usual old self.
I see it as, training in a CM type way saved that dog from the possibilities of "Can't cope anymore-have to rehome"; or even worse "Bit someone really badly, has to be pts".
My tuppence worth.
bajaluna
Almost a Veteran
Female 

06-01-2008, 07:07 PM
Originally Posted by mishflynn View Post
JEEEES!!! well i saw a lovely playful pup, who looked excited at other dogs not agressive & as soon as that CM strung her up she became 100% worse & i think instead of wanting to meet the other dog actually did link that dog to her own severe discomfort.Marvelous! Genius! & then eventually i saw her give up,could have cryed.

If that man EVER did that to one of my dogs id show him some real agression!!!!!

I diddnt see that at all, I saw a dog that could if not checked now become a redzone dog,ceasar did a great job!
I would let him at my dogs anytime
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

06-01-2008, 07:08 PM
Originally Posted by bajaluna View Post
I love ceasar he is my hero,I agree with all his methods and think they work,he isnt cruel at all, the dogs are not scared of him.
Well I have just watched an episode, with a standard smooth Dacshie.........it will attack one of its owners , through being possessive over the other.

CM has just made the girl sit next to the dog (who is sitting on the others knee)...he taked the girls had , and forces her to stroke the dog............you could see the body language from miles off, the dog was not happy, he turned away from the hand....CM kept the contact up, the next min, the dog turns and attacks CM picks it up ,upends it in a body role on the floo,r and uses his "bite" technique to keep it there.....the dog looks "terrified"....and guess what, CM , has puncture wounds all over his hands.

What on earth did this achieve....nothing, he took the dog to his centre for 3/4 wks, castrated it, and at one point sat it on a chair with the the owners cloths,(to test its possessiveness) the dogs was cringing, would not make eye contact with CM, was physically recoiling away from him.

The result , 3/4 weeks later when the dog was returned to owner, the weaker owner, still could not get the dog to get off the bed.
Hammer
Dogsey Senior
Male 

06-01-2008, 07:08 PM
I personally think it's all very 'Hollywood'. The fella lives in LA, and works with people like Oprah Winfrey and Jada Pinket-Smith. It's a well polished TV show, aimed to entertain as most television is.

It seems all too 'miraculous' for me, always pretty instant results. What I want to know is, how much is not shown on TV?

Going back to the cruel thing, I just want to ask a question about an episode some while back. It was a little dog that kept chasing tractors and trying to bite the tyres on a farm.

So Cesar fitted this great big device to it's neck (I thought it was big). It was a remote control/shock device thingy. Basically, when the dog approached a tyre to bite it, Cesar gave it a shock from the hand held device.

It stopped chasing tyres from then on. Good or bad?
Meg
Supervisor

06-01-2008, 07:09 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
I watched the video Mini, couldnt see a scared dog at all. Pinning it down didnt hurt it nor scare it, it didnt try to tun, it wasnt fearful of him.
Dawn.
Dawn I did not say the dog was scared of CM.The point I am making in my post is CM stated this dog was dog aggressive and it did not appear to be so to me.
He then advocated a method of controlling the dog which had it been used on a real dog aggressive dog could have resulted in the person using this method getting badly bitten (once the adrenalin is flowing it is difficult to stop an aggressive dog) . CM appears to be unaware of a dogs body language. This was also named as 'One of his toughest cases'

Next time you come on here Dawn and I think you are getting a little too excited I will ask someone to go round to your house and pin you to the floor
bajaluna
Almost a Veteran
Female 

06-01-2008, 07:10 PM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
Well I have just watched an episode, with a standard smooth Dacshie.........it will attack one of its owners , through being possessive over the other.

CM has just made the girl sit next to the dog (who is sitting on the others knee)...he taked the girls had , and forces her to stroke the dog............you could see the body language from miles off, the dog was not happy, he turned away from the hand....CM kept the contact up, the next min, the dog turns and attacks CM picks it up ,upends it in a body role on the floo,r and uses his "bite" technique to keep it there.....the dog looks "terrified"....and guess what, CM , has puncture wounds all over his hands.

What on earth did this achieve....nothing, he took the dog to his centre for 3/4 wks, castrated it, and at one point sat it on a chair with the the owners cloths,(to test its possessiveness) the dogs was cringing, would not make eye contact with CM, was physically recoiling away from him.

The result , 3/4 weeks later when the dog was returned to owner, the weaker owner, still could not get the dog to get off the bed.
maybe it needs a new owner?
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-01-2008, 07:17 PM
Deleted im a idiot!!!!
Meg
Supervisor

06-01-2008, 07:17 PM
Originally Posted by mishflynn View Post

Thank goodness someone else sees what I see the dogs facial expression/tail carriage/body posture even the sounds it made say playful exited dog to me. I think using the methods we see used in the video could turn a sweet little dog into an aggressive one
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-01-2008, 07:20 PM
Originally Posted by bajaluna View Post
I diddnt see that at all, I saw a dog that could if not checked now become a redzone dog,ceasar did a great job!
I would let him at my dogs anytime
Its ok! we all see different things!!!!

I was just stating my opinion. Its not wrong, it may be different to yours.
Its just my opinion of what i saw.Is that ok?

That dogs problem was its idiot owners winding it up!
Closed Thread
Page 7 of 70 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 17 57 > Last »