View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Callum
Dogsey Senior
Male 

05-01-2008, 09:54 PM
I think the "exercising to the point of exhaustion" is a little OTT. I do agree they get a serious running before he looks at sorting things out but 99% of the time the dog is suffering from a big lack of activity and stimulation and it helps get the dog to clear its mind and become more attentive. tbh If thats exhaustion shown on the telly then the 3 I have here should be dead not ready to do it all again 30mins later
cava14una
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-01-2008, 09:58 PM
Are there any DVDs of him available? I've never seen any of the shows because my cable is from Virgin so we don't get Sky programmes.
Callum
Dogsey Senior
Male 

05-01-2008, 10:05 PM
I believe he's a media monster, lol
DVD sets, books, accessories, try you tube online etc
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-01-2008, 10:05 PM
Originally Posted by Callum View Post
I think the "exercising to the point of exhaustion" is a little OTT. I do agree they get a serious running before he looks at sorting things out but 99% of the time the dog is suffering from a big lack of activity and stimulation and it helps get the dog to clear its mind and become more attentive. tbh If thats exhaustion shown on the telly then the 3 I have here should be dead not ready to do it all again 30mins later
Activity very good, Both mental & physical.& i agree with you that ALOT of dogs are well under exercised & under stimalted. BUt imo Some of the exercise ive seen on his programmes to my opinion only(which is what this thread is about) is close to torture, unfit animal pushed to its limits, made to keep going. I know my own dogs would run till they passed out if i let them ,esp my pup. I dont like to watch dogs suffer.Under exercise bad, over exercise bad too!!!!! If i want to train my dogs i DONT exercise them fisrt, i warm them up a little ,both body & brain,& then i train them,i dont want them over exercised as i dont think they can give me 100% concentration. After training we will have a walk, free running & doing doggy stuff.

Never mind each to their own!!!!!
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-01-2008, 10:06 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
YAY for a person that sees Dogs as Dogs!! Doesnt molly coddle, doeant pussy foot, doesnt spend weeks "clicking" GOOD for him!
I started out disliking him but I have to agree with Dawn here. Some of the things he does I don't agree with at all but then there's never going to be anyone who you agree with ALL of the time is there?

The one thing I don't like about the show is that people who don't know any better may use some of the methods on their own dogs and get bitten or scare their dogs and just make matters worse for their dog and themselves but then I will say that about dog borstal and V.S too. There are elements I agree with and some I don't but that goes for all of these 'celebrity' trainers.

Have to say though, his trade mark 'shhhh' has done wonders for my mad dog.
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-01-2008, 10:40 PM
Originally Posted by random View Post

Have to say though, his trade mark 'shhhh' has done wonders for my mad dog.

here as well also the "claiming of the front door "also has worked fab here for us

i agree with Dawn as well
arctic.wolf
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-01-2008, 11:14 PM
I've never seen him, wish I had the channel
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-01-2008, 11:20 PM
sky 3 6pm every day
bobbles
Dogsey Junior
Female 

05-01-2008, 11:48 PM
Did you see the episode where the Dashhound bit him if that had happened on Dog Borstal the dog would of been PTS.
I do like the way he walks into a situation and the dogs immediatley respect him, he lives with a huge pack of dogs and many of them are pitbulls I don't know how he keeps them all under control all I ever see him doing is making a shhh noise and then point, but I must say alot of the time the dogs do seem to be scared stiff of him, so I have mixed views on the man
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-01-2008, 11:50 PM
scared stiff ??? are they

i haven't seen those episodes
Closed Thread
Page 3 of 70 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 53 > Last »