Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-01-2008, 10:56 AM

Cesar Millan ( the dog whisperer ) ur views

your views ? sure you will have some as everyone has different views on methods of training

we have used some his methods will great succsess
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-01-2008, 11:06 AM
All the programs I've seen of his I can't say I'm particularly impressed with his methods. A lot seem to rely on bullying rather than training. He doesn't seem to train the owners and correct their methods as he has used pronged collars that the owners had. He should have educated the owners in positive safe non punishment ways of training.
He may have solved a few problems but at what cost to the dog?
Becky
dollyknockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-01-2008, 11:08 AM
I dont watch the shows Inca , I cant stand his voice to be hones , xxdk
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

05-01-2008, 11:09 AM
On the whole I don't like him...he is turning into a Celeb!!!! and I don't agree with his dominance theories at all.

But the only thing I can say , is a find myself agreeing with some of the things he says , and puts right , some of the views ,some of these people have of their dogs ..........i.e being human

Some of the advice he gives is just plain old common sense....not letting dogs run out of the door, introducing structure into their lives ...and the one I love the best is..............TAKE YOU DOG FOR A WALKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!

This is the most surprising of all, that so many Americans (all those he sees) never exercise their dogs.....and as soon as they do most of the problems disappear.

So on that I agree with him 100%

But when he puts into practice some of his training methods ,and being Alhpa, I find myself shouting at the screen.
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-01-2008, 11:20 AM
I have always thought that many 'behavioural' problems are firstly down to inadequate exercise then poor diet, topped up with inappropriate training!
Becky
angied
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-01-2008, 11:31 AM
i think hes okay sometimes but with owners like the one who had had a dog for 12 years and was frightened of them at dinnertime need their heads banging together also whats with the treadmill TAKE THEM OUT FOR A WALK.i think hes right alot of the people need training not the dogs. also hes done well for himself as his teeth areSO white!!!
running cloud
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-01-2008, 11:52 AM
Personally i like him, he makes sence when he tells people that when getting a dog remember that you must get a dog which needs or uses the same energy level as you so that it will get regular walks.

Also i beleive he does not change the collars people use as he understands that they will only go back to these after he has gone anyway,and if he corrects the dogs pulling the collars will not hurt the dogs!(I pesonally do not like these but the Americans do)

All his own pack seem happy and content,they would not i beleive this to be the case if he was cruel in anyway.
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-01-2008, 12:07 PM
Originally Posted by running cloud View Post
Personally i like him, he makes sence when he tells people that when getting a dog remember that you must get a dog which needs or uses the same energy level as you so that it will get regular walks.

Also i beleive he does not change the collars people use as he understands that they will only go back to these after he has gone anyway,and if he corrects the dogs pulling the collars will not hurt the dogs!(I pesonally do not like these but the Americans do)

All his own pack seem happy and content,they would not i beleive this to be the case if he was cruel in anyway.
i like watching it think his dog psycology theory works rather than human psycology..........after all dominance works in the wild in a pack of dogs and his dogs all look really well balanced
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-01-2008, 12:10 PM
Originally Posted by Mahooli View Post
All the programs I've seen of his I can't say I'm particularly impressed with his methods. A lot seem to rely on bullying rather than training
Becky

odd how we all see things so different i have watched prob 300 episodes and have never seen this i have seen him take control and act as pack leader but not bully any dog LOL
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

05-01-2008, 12:13 PM
He is not for me, but it will work with some dogs, some it wont and as long as the dogs are not hurt/mis-treated so be it. I am not going to argue and say this way is better when I dont have first hand expeirience of the the dogs/background.
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 70 1 2 3 4 11 51 > Last »