View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Cumbrian Lass
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2006, 02:31 AM
I just watched the repeat and was gutted when we didn't see the boxer do the agility course that Mic had set So glad to hear that his owners are continuing with it though

Mic were you as gutted as we were? Have you seen any of the ones you've trained since?

I too was rather concerned about the owners handling of Henry in his head collar, but not as much as I am now that the cameras & trainers have gone away.

Apart from that, I loved it. Can't wait to catch it next monday at a reasonable time of night

So Mic gets bitten next week?
PONlady
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-03-2006, 10:15 AM
Hi Mic,
a bit off topic here - did you ever work with the City of London Police??? Curious cos my Dad was Ch Insp in charge of the dog section there for a few years.
Mic Martin
New Member!
Male 

16-03-2006, 09:22 PM
Alisa No “The sort of programme Three viewers like” And I suppose as it was the idea of the Executive Producer BBC3 she got to do it. Hopefully she will get to do it again.

Traceymcl One of my ladies had four guys try and rob her for her dog another had a man throw a bottle at her and the two girls in the program had been verbally abused in the street by a drunk on a dog walk so when I do my pet classes we teach personal awareness and that’s how we do it. Pat is also a personal protection trainer so we throw a bit of that in as well.
The idea was food refusal with distractions; the girls were in habit of shouting back which I told them was not a good idea.
Did a Course once in Positive Reinforcement (whistle and Clicker) in Florida at the Marine Mammal Institute, When I’m doing film work I only use a clicker to train.

Elsasabo I train two ladies in wheel chairs they have to bring biscuits when we have tea for the punishment, wring command confusing the dog forgetting the toy or food for reward.

Cumrian lass They didn’t want to do a test, which is a shame because although its not a competition I still wanted to get the best results. In front of two other good trainers
And before you know they were off. Emma has the potential to become a really good handler, and she didn’t give a **** about press ups, because she’s ex army and runs a gym. I got on really well with them.

Kept in touch with next weeks guy spoke to his partner yesterday the two girls in number four also the girls in Five and Six the Chi hua hua and the staffie (who scored 96) unfortunately due to budget you won’t get to see them in action at the moment.

Ponlady The only contact with the City lads was when they used to give me a round of applause every time I beat them at the Dog Trials.

Wysiwyg My pathetic acting skills have been seen before if you blinked you would have missed them. I’m usually just behind the camera. But you can check out Zac my dogs skills on here, poor Zac, he gets shot by the mechanical death spider, not really he’s under the desk. It’s the new PS2 Ratchett and Clank advert. And re Robb (the world’s nicest bloke) I hope one day he will be there with the people you mentioned.

http://www.dreadzonelive.com/mechani...ider/index.htm

Great group, constructive sometimes critical, which I don't mind as you say it comes with the territory but always polite, nothing personal, I have now stopped reading anything else as they are being abusive about Debbie’s clothing now. It wasn't her choice.
suz
Dogsey Junior
Female 

16-03-2006, 10:34 PM
oh ******!!!! missed it AGAIN!!!
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2006, 10:37 PM
Originally Posted by PONlady
I heard via another list that someone tried this pebble-shaker bottle with their Weimi after watching Dog Borstal . . and got bitten.

To give the programme its credit, tho, it did have a written warning up at the end saying not to attempt to use any of the training techniques seen without taking advice from a dog-trainer.
Weimys tend to be pretty highly strung at times. They tend to wind themselves up and go crrraaazy! I don't think I would choose this method with Maddy as i'm sure it would just make her *nervy*. Some people out there don't know their own dogs well enough, which is the problem. I don't blame the programme for this, although it's rarely explained that certain techniques won't work on every dog for every problem. Everyone seems to be looking for a quick fix, but what they don't realise is that there is no quick fix to training your dog.

Like Mic mentioned, not all of what was shot on camera was shown, obviously the good bits (or bad!) have been chosen, and the majority of what really goes on is missed. Obviously it can't ALL be covered, but you never get the full picture...
eRaze
Administrator
Male 

16-03-2006, 11:05 PM
Originally Posted by Mic Martin
Great group, constructive sometimes critical, which I don't mind as you say it comes with the territory but always polite, nothing personal, I have now stopped reading anything else as they are being abusive about Debbie’s clothing now. It wasn't her choice.

[Shamless plug-request]

Please give us a plug next time you are on air/filming Mic

DOGWEB.CO.UK - The number one site for Dog Lovers

[/Shamless plug-request]

random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2006, 11:14 PM
Originally Posted by eRaze
[Shamless plug-request]

Please give us a plug next time you are on air/filming Mic

DOGWEB.CO.UK - The number one site for Dog Lovers

[/Shamless plug-request]

what u like
PONlady
Dogsey Senior
Female 

17-03-2006, 09:11 AM
[QUOTE=Mic Martin]Ponlady The only contact with the City lads was when they used to give me a round of applause every time I beat them at the Dog Trials. [QUOTE=Mic Martin]

LOL!!
I'm going back a fair few years, here - apprx 20 or so!!
He loved the dogs, but didn't handle them himself.

He had one embarrassing TV moment demonstrating his new Springer drugs-sniffer dog for the BBC news. The dog found the 'suspect' briefcase perfectly and alerted his handler - but would it let go?? Would it 'eck!! Commands ignored, bribery-treats and toys had no effect, prising dog's jaws got nowhere . . briefcase picked up (dog attached) by the handler, and swung around in the air helicopter style several times (dog thinking this was enormous fun!), my Dad blustering like mad to the cameras, "Of course this is a young dog, important to keep them excited and keen, this is just play" etc etc . . with the dog in the background still hanging on for dear life!

My Dad told me they actually had to load the dog into the van WITH the briefcase. He held onto it all night and finally let go the next morning when his breakfast was served up!
Wysiwyg
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-03-2006, 04:13 PM
Originally Posted by Mic Martin
Wysiwyg My pathetic acting skills have been seen before if you blinked you would have missed them. I’m usually just behind the camera. But you can check out Zac my dogs skills on here, poor Zac, he gets shot by the mechanical death spider, not really he’s under the desk. It’s the new PS2 Ratchett and Clank advert. And re Robb (the world’s nicest bloke) I hope one day he will be there with the people you mentioned.

http://www.dreadzonelive.com/mechani...ider/index.htm

Hi Mic

That death spider is scary!! LOL.
I agree it's not on to be personal, i don't like that.
Take care
Hope the bite wasn't too hard!!
Annestaff
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

20-03-2006, 06:18 PM
Don't forget its on tonight

Is tonight the night Mic gets bitten?
Page 6 of 18 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 16 > Last »